Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1800 wing and I am looking for a economical way to raise my riding height by 2 to 3 inches so that I can take some of the bend out of my legs when using the standard foot pegs. I am 6ft 1inches tall but i have a longer lower torso. Any suggestions besides custom seats

thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Jeff, I'm surprised no one has put this in here already. Check into the forward control kit from Trikeshop/Roadsmith. They're not just for trikes. They move your foot forward and lower. Expensive, something like $600, but if it gets you the comfort (and safely) you want, then well..... One potential problem might be dragging the lower pegs in hard turns.

I think a couple of our members have them. Hopefully those guys will be along soon.

Another possibility for you is seat pads. But you'll only get about a 1" rise before you start to feel like your sitting on a basketball.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
15,393 Posts
I'm the same height with a 36" inseam. The stock seat really only would bother me on long (66 mile) days. I used an Airhawk pad occasionally and it would help. It sits you up about an inch. I changed out my seat that lets me sit back a couple inches and I really like it.

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Have you got aux highway pegs or boards on your Wing? The alternate position helps lots.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a 1800 wing and I am looking for a economical way to raise my riding height by 2 to 3 inches so that I can take some of the bend out of my legs when using the standard foot pegs. I am 6ft 1inches tall but i have a longer lower torso. Any suggestions besides custom seats

thanks,
Here is another fix that dosnt cost $700.00.
http://www.bigbikeparts.com/TradePoint/Item_View?itemNo=52-659&catalogNo=1and http://www.bigbikeparts.com/TradePoint/Item_View?itemNo=21-520&catalogNo=1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
These do offer some welcome relief and I know some folks really like them, but just a word of caution - they will cause peg scraping on a lot of non-aggressive turns. I tried a set but found I was scraping on every outing and not in twisties of any kind - just flatland driving. The other downside I found was that they also moved my feet outward an inch or so so that I was having to reach in for the brakes and shifter. Like I said, I know there are some who like them, but I took mine off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would consider the Roadsmith Comfort Controls if they were so expensive and there wouldn't be any ground clearance concerns.
I have the Comfort Controls and I can definitely say they do make a difference in your foot/leg position in that you're now in a more 'natural' sitting position instead of having your legs/feet tucked up under you.

Now as far as clearance. I have a trike so that's not an issue for me. I'd suggest you call Roadsmith and pose your question to them regarding the clearance on a two wheeler. Supposedly it's not an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.