Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1993 GL 1500. I took it to a mechanic and he changed ALL the fluids, spark plugs, battery, and put on new tires. He recommended to replace the original fuel pump even though it was working, but the bike was sitting for a year. I chose not to replace it b/c it was working. Well, I wanted to go for a ride today and it won't start. If the fuel pump is bad wil the bike even attempt to turn over? Or will it make no sound at all. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Not a wrench guy, but my guess would be that if the pump is not pushing fuel the engine will still crank, it just won't start. I'm sure someone who really knows will chime in here shortly.... Hope you get it fixed...

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I agree with Two Wheel . The engine will turn - over but may not start . Did it ever hit like it wanted to run ? How long has it been since the mechanic worked on it ? How long has it been sitting since he worked on it ?

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Did you check the battery cables?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It never made a noise like it was going to start, just kept cranking. I had all the repairs in early October andit worked fine two weeks ago. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
Check fuses 8 and 11 and test relays 3 & 6.
Have the Honda dealer run the VIN for the defective Bank Angle Sensor, they had a recall on them and the 1993 was affected. You can also disconnect the fuel pump and test it.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
If it set for two weeks it could be the battery is weak. The engine will crank but may not be strong enoungh to fire. I've seen that more then once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts