Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2008 Goldwing we absoultely love. Just took it in for service to a new place and when we got it back the strangest thing seemed to happen... it was like the seat was melting. It started off as shiny spots and progressed to holes in the seat. We took it back to the shop and they said must be vandalism. Paid to have seats and console replaced, just picked up the bike Saturday and by Sunday the same thing happened again. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? Our house is completely gated and very difficult to get in without setting off motion lights, being seen by cameras, not to mention right outside our bedroom window. Feel confident in saying it was the shop but can't figure out what they got on the seat. Any ideas? Please help!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Coming from above or coming from below. What are these seats made of, anyway ? This is a good one for the initial mystery aspect. Keep us imformed as the investigation continues !

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Do you have the comfort package with the heated seats? Could be a problem with a switch or relay. I believe that there is some thing I saw in the owners manual that came with the bike about the heated seats being left on.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
If it is indeed melting, it has to be something electrical which is causing the problem. You said you had to have the console replaced. Was the same thing happening to it (melting)? If you have the heated seat option, I go with SR71's idea. This is a strange one. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there any pattern to the spots/holes? If not,my guess is some sort of acid or brake fluid. If so,then i'm with the others on electrical. Interested on what is found.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have recently bought a 1987 goldwing gl 1200 aspencade se-i i spotted a leak under the bike. it turned out to be coming from the clutch hose, as i found out it has a hydralic clutch. I thought I would change it out myself being a pretty good mechanic, SO i BOUGHT TWO USED LINES ON E-BAY. i TOOK THE FITING LOOSE AT THE ENGINE, DRAINED IT OUT, THEN i TOOK IT OFF THE MASTER CYLINDER. hERE'S WHERE i GET LOST!! iT GOES BEHIND THE HANDLE BAR AND DOWN BEHIND THE FAIRING AND YOU CANNOT SEE WHERE IT IS ATTACHED. I have started to take the fairing off and Im finding and causing damage as I go. before I go crazy, is there a way to get at the line by taking the headlight assembly off? It would save alot of time and trouble, but can I get access to it from the headlight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts