Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brought a new saddlebag lid for 1999 1500se. how do you remove the inner shell? thanks for some help:confused:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I just consulted the service manual and all I can find is how to remove the entire saddlebag. Mine is an 1800 so the bags are different and it's been 15 years since I had my 1500 so I have the k.r.a.f.t. disease big time. Hopefully somebody (shouldn't be hard) knows more than me. Sorry.
I just had my parts guy call up the saddlebags on the fiche and there are about 70 little fasteners and grommets and such holding the assembly together. That also includes the latch mechanism and the outside trim. It's hard to tell from the eploded view and the picture didn't print out very well so it's a mish-mash of parts, and no instructions. The fasteners could be screws or push-pins, can't tell from the photo.. Maybe a 1500 owner can tell you more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saddlebag lid

I just consulted the service manual and all I can find is how to remove the entire saddlebag. Mine is an 1800 so the bags are different and it's been 15 years since I had my 1500 so I have the k.r.a.f.t. disease big time. Hopefully somebody (shouldn't be hard) knows more than me. Sorry.
I just had my parts guy call up the saddlebags on the fiche and there are about 70 little fasteners and grommets and such holding the assembly together. That also includes the latch mechanism and the outside trim. It's hard to tell from the eploded view and the picture didn't print out very well so it's a mish-mash of parts, and no instructions. The fasteners could be screws or push-pins, can't tell from the photo.. Maybe a 1500 owner can tell you more.
thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What do you mean by inner shell? Do you mean the parts that connect to the bike? If I remember right there are 4 bolts that hold it on, not a big deal.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Atta boy Joe, that's the picture on our parts fiche, just a lot clearer than what's on the 'puter printout.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saddlebag lid

thanks for all the help. if the inner liners(black plastic) is with the lid it should not be much work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
k.r.a.f.t disease... I like that one! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts