Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First. Great site. I am new and am looking for a specific Goldwing. It was my Father in Laws. I know it is going to be hard to find but I have to try. The short story is it was sold while I was deployed and I was not in a position to search for it. I am now retired and looking for it. I have a few pics and a VIN number. the vin check say it was last registered in 2004 in Oceanside Ca. It is an 81 Goldwing with brown and gold paint and some fancy stripping. It also had a Gold Eagle etched into the windshield. it was sold after dad passed away. I want to find and restore.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

the plate was california 2U7468
VIN # 1HFSC0213BA122490
it was registered to Steven Bates.

Dads name was Dan Carmichael.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
I wish you luck in finding it, but with the presence of eBay, the sad fact is it may have been parted out. :( :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand. I have to try and am prepared for the worst. The vin check I did show it as not totaled but anything could happen. I hope it is in someone's storage shed or garage and that is has not been destroyed. I dont really care what the condition is. I just want to find it and if possible restore.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Nice looking bike. I hope you find it. If not, find another one and modify to look just like his..... why wait to honor him..... and why wait so long to ride!

You can always restore it when you find it.... it could take a few years. I know if I had that bike, just because you were asking doesn't necessarily mean I would be willing to sell. Your dad had a nice bike, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What a worthy quest. You dad-in-law must have been quite a guy. I wish you the very best with your search. I'll be pulling for ya.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Good luck with your search for a specific motorcycle......it could take years but as long as you are prepared for that then persistance may pay off for you eventually.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good luck on your quest.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Thats a nice looking bike, I would think the person who bought it would keep it rather than part out a bike like that. Good luck and I hope your successful in your quest.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would put it out on craig's list under wanted, maybe list it in motorcycles for sale books etc. Sending hope and prayers that your quest will be fulfilled.
Ride with the angles surrounding you.
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello again, I have an update. I did several vin checks and found out the bike was last registered in Dec 2011 in New Mexico. I posted a wanted ad craigslist list in New mexico so maybe I might get some more info. I called and talked to Motor Vehicle Division in New Mexice but since I am not the registered owner they would not give out any info.

Knowing it was registered in the last 7 months is a plus. I will keep searching. I no there is no guaranty i will find it or that the current owner will sell it but like i said before i got to try.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
That's good news, let's hope the wild fires haven't gotten to it.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Here's a tip that may help. Many years ago I went searching for my brother's car ('69 Dart GTS 340) and with the help of a RCMP buddy, we traced the vin # down to the then current owner. If you have a buddy in law enforcement, that may assist you in finding the current owner, it sure worked for me.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Call a PI in New Mexico and offer to pay them a hundred bucks for the info. They got access to inside information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts