Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what size bolts are used to hold the brake line clamps to the swing arm on a 2008 GL1800? I put a 2008 swingarm assembly on my 2002. Everything went well until I noticed the bolt holes used to secure the brake line clamps to the top of the swingarm were smaller than on the 2002.
I checked the various online OEM parts suppliers, but I can't find the brake line or clamp section on the Fiche. Very close to completing the job so any help is much appreciated.

Mike

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
I'm looking at the 08 Service Manual. I see the picture of the brake hose clamps but no indication of the size, just the torque specs. If it were me going through this, I would take the bolts I have to the nearest hardware store, determine the size I have in hand and make a calculated purchase of a few smaller bolt sizes.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Chop is right. Ace is a good source for stainless bolts and very reasonably priced compared to most. Honda is also good about using only a few common sizes to build a bike.

I would check around the bike and see if there wasn't something that 'looks about the right size and try it - then you can take that with you.

BTW, harbor freight has 6 inch digital calipers really cheap and they are easy to use. You can check a hole or a bolt to get the size. ex. if the digital caliper reads 5.27 then you need a 6mm bolt.

If you measure a bolt, it might read 5.93 then it is a 6mm bolt (they are made a little small for clearance)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts