Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a set of the Fiam Grande electric horns and want to install them on my GL1200. These are not the Fiam air horns with compressor. The horns include a relay and instructions, I'd like to use the stock horn button, but I'm not really sure how to do this.

Also I'm wondering if I could just swap the horns with stockers and not use the relay?
Just not sure if the current draw of the Fiams are too much for stock wiring. Fiam instructions say to use 2.5mm dia hot wire from relay to horn. Not sure what gauge this is?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello Richey,and welcome to the forum from Florida.Just recently installed air horns on my 1500SE,i understand why you want to upgrade.Gotta getem to pay attention somehow! As for your questions,a 2.5 mm wire is app'a 10 or 12 ga. wire.,in my opinion 12 is sufficient.That's what i am using on my compressor.From the battery to the relay,and from relay to horns.Just hook into your stock horn wiring,run to relay to trigger it,opposite post on relay to ground.As your bike is getting harder to get parts for,in my opinion wouldn't want to fry horn switch,so use relay.Also,if instructions don't mention it,put an inline fuse in there between battery and relay. Good luck,if further help needed just holler. Ride often and SAFE. Ken '94SE Pearl White

1 - 2 of 2 Posts