Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked by USAT (The NASCAR of triathlons) to provide a team of motorcycles for the Age Group Championships and the Elite (Pro) Championships in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday August 22, 2009.

This is their superbowl race for triathlons. All of the racers are previous winners and the pros will be from around the world. This is a fast and furious race and if you are new to it all the speeds are amazing for a bicycle. On the downhills they will get to about 50 mph and will ride on flat ground at over 30.

We meet in Tuscaloosa at 6:30 am on the 22nd and ride to the race site as a group (Dramatic Entrance).

Those who come to work will get a $25 dinner card, t shirt, a sausage biscuit, bottled water, snacks, etc.

I now need a total of 4 more Wings and the first 4 to confirm get the dinner card for $25. More are welcome to come and work the event and you will get everything but the dinner card.

The shirts are a blue camo or as we call it Smurf camouflage

This event is held on and around Jack Warner Parkway in Tuscaloosa and the streets are all closed and the Tuscaloosa PD is great to work with.

You must be comfortable riding slow and with a passenger. All the USAT officials we ride are quite familiar with motorcycles and being a good passenger. You will also be asked to ride quickly along the course as well.

Where else can you go the wrong way on a one way street at twice the posted speed limit, run a red light in front of a cop and he waves and smiles as you go by and others wonder why I do these

Details including a promo video are located here:

http://www.thepurplewing.com/usatagegroupelite.html

If you want to work the event please email me ASAP. You may post here that you are coming but drop me an email to be sure.

Then you can tell friends and family you did a triathlon.

Sorry but we will not have gravy at this event. Sausage or Sausage Egg Biscuits only. (Unless you can convince Monk otherwise)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need one more to fill out the team. We had one drop out for a medical reason yesterday and we need one more touring motorcycle.

If you can help please contact me asap!

After talking with the race management and checking the race schedule most of us will be done by 10:15.

http://www.thepurplewing.com/usatagegroupelite.html

More are welcome to come but you wont get the food card.

These are fun and easy to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts