Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be in need of new tires for the first time. I see Dunlop has several types that fit the GW1500. I ride mostly by myselft and weigh about 230 lbs.

The K177, D251/ D250 and Elite 3 (maybe others for the rear). I cannot find the differences between these other than the prices. Can someone just give a web address with the description of these tires.

Or if someone can give me a sentence or two on each, it would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
K177 is stock tire (probably cheapest of them all)
the 251 is not for the Gold Wing
The E3 is Dunlops latest tire.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
flw, I've been running E3's on my 1500 for years and love them. I find they have a slight "whine" when cornering, but have had it with every E3 and I pay no attention to it. Make sure you don't get radials as the 1500's are best suited to bias ply (so I've been told). There are threads on this site specific to rubber.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since Dunlop offers the original tire and the E3 the differences were not clear. I just want which ever will get me the most miles as I ride without a passenger 98% of the time.

flw, I've been running E3's on my 1500 for years and love them. I find they have a slight "whine" when cornering, but have had it with every E3 and I pay no attention to it. Make sure you don't get radials as the 1500's are best suited to bias ply (so I've been told). There are threads on this site specific to rubber.
Ride safe,
Strat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts