Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a couple of carburator tops for my 77 i thought it would be easy to find on the internet, but it aint. i looked on ebay and about a dozen other sites, does anyone have any suggestions.
thanks in advance
bigworm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you missing the cups or just have a hole in that plastic button at the top?

If you are missing the cup you need to get the piston that goes with that particular cup and if you start mixing and matching it you'll end up with a problem where the piston sticks.

If broken plastic is the problem, take a look at the picture. There is a vinyl washer under the cap and it's glued on with JB Weld. I have tried other adhesives and they all failed after a period of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got done doing my carbs. I had the assistance of a Wing Commander, Larry Sansum. He has barrels of our parts neatly tucked and stored,honestly he is our goto guy. Look on craigslist for dallas and you should see where he says this. I gotta say he will help you help yourself. Do not take offence but,he is ours and you cant have him. You should get a phone number from the site, but if you dont email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its just the plastic button that is broken. to be honest i have a piece of duct tape over the hole and still runs fine, i haven't had time to really look into the fix yet. thanks to both of you for the help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
There's a small return air hole in there and if you decide to glue new caps over it make sure you don't clog those holes. And chose your beer caps carefully, they must match the rest of the colors.....

Oh well, duck tape is better than a acorn.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nice fix Astor123! Ah, I gather all four tops have the same "cap"...wouldn't want to hurt the symetry now would we?:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice fix Astor123! Ah, I gather all four tops have the same "cap"...wouldn't want to hurt the symetry now would we?:D
We don't want to look like some Euro trash where we have do get sponsors to pay 5 clams just to have some pretty pictures of what we do, do we?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
"I rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God, than sit in church thinking about my motorcycle."

I just wanted to interject that I really like your Quote Astor!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
To be honest, I borrowed that one from a Canadian UFO hunter. Being from TX I should have something like:
"My junior prom offered day care." or
"Can't get married to my sweetheart because there's a law against it."
And it boils down to the same crap, where do we plug in our mp3 player on this bitch, God damn it.

Take care and be good !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts