Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 05 doesn't have rear speakers,any advice on what brand to order & is an amp adviseable? thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
rear speakers...

Boy, there is going to be a lot of opinions here. Depends on what you want to spend. I have seen them from $50 to 150. Just get a guality set. The better ones have spacers with the mounting screws, so nothing tightens down on the speaker fabric causing distortion. As far as an amp, I installed one on mine. Makes a good sound system - better. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

i just ordered a JM rear speaker kit 3ohm 100 watt for 89.00,as for the amp,i want something simple to install ,plug & play,also don't want to blow out the front oem 30 watt speakers.any suggestions? thanks, BOB

·
Registered
39 Posts
amp..

I, unfortunately know of none, plug and play amps for the Goldwing. There probably is? I personally purchased an amp out of a 2007 Goldwing (wrecked) and wired it in to my radio. The new wings have a 80 watt per channel amp. If you google GL1800 stereo upgrades there are a couple of sights showing installation of amps on wings. Space is the biggest problem, that is why I went the OEM amp route on my 02. The amp fits nicely behind the rear fender, not taking any space up in the tourbox. If you have a wife packing with you, you know you can't spare the space! J&M was a good choice for your speaker selection. I would install the speakers and ride before diving into the amp, the stock radio is quit good and may more then do the job for you. If not, then go the amp route. Let's ride!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello bobhrc1

As i have read you have implemented the amplifier from the premium sound system int your 02 GL1800.

I have a GL1800 from 2007 and also got an amplifier from a premium sound package.

I removed the special plug and wired all cables to my own plugs.

But i can not become the amplifier to work.

Have you any advertisement, what could be wrong ?

Do i need somewhere an additional - or plus to switch the amplifier on?

I colld not find anything in the wiring diagram from my original Maintenance Manuals from 2007.

Maybee you have a picture or any idea what could be wromg.

With best regards from Switzerland

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought a 200 watt plug & play amp made buy bazooka,works awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just joined the group and I have a 2015 Goldwing looking to upgrade the rear speakers. Doing some research on speakers but would like to know what some of the other wing owners have or purchased for speakers?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have never needed an upgrade, but many peeps talk big about the Polk speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts