Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a goldwing for about 3 months, Today I found one, but I am not sure if its would be worth it or not. Could some one please advise..

I found a 84 goldwing Interstate that has 59K miles.

It needs a stator and tires, everything else is in good shape.

I am pretty sure I could do the stator myself.

Oh its about an 8 hr drive from me.

Whats ya think?

Thanks in advance

Mike

·
Registered
835 Posts
The mileage is nothing. My 82 had about 80,000 miles on it and ran like a top. Any maintenance records? When was the timing belt changed? I sold my 82 for $2,500 and it was maintained. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm sure you'll receive replies from this knowledgeable forum.
Strat

·
Registered
738 Posts
If the members here knew where the bike was located maybe someone that lives close to it could have a look for you.Maybe save you a trip.You know how it goes,everything is in mint condition until you get there.Stator is easy enough,but is a bit time consuming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bike is in Ocala fl.
anyone know someone who could inspect the bike

I sure want a Bike dont want ALOT of problems with it

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
If you read your posts back to yourself I think you will see that this bike is not "calling you". The fact that you know it needs a stator is both a plus & minus. You say $1,000.00 firm & 8 hrs away, I think if you wait a bit & do some more research you can do just as well & maybe find the one that's right for you. There are plenty of good used bikes out there, not to say this one isn't good but you know already you have things to deal with on it.

As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion. By the way greetings & welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts