Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello new to the form, I ride 84 aspy and 88 1500 I have RA in both knees and hips and have been locking at the instatrike kits or sidecar . I cannot swing the money a trike. has anyone used ether the add on trike or aside car thanks

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I did the Lehman conversion to my 1500 some years back. It wasn't out of necessity, just thought it would be a cool rig. Really great handling, but it wasn't a Goldwing anymore, at least for me anyway. Made the rear end too chattery on bumps, and even with the easy-steer, was a bit of a bullworker, and I'm a fairly robust dude. Kicked the bejeebers out of the fuel mileage, but still had plenty of giddyup. I've seen the drive on/drive off kits, but have never had the chance to talk to any of the owners, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I know they also make "landing kits" for the wings. Deploy when you slow down and lift when you take off. Don't know how much they are but you still get the feel of a motorcycle with the stability of the additional wheels.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a friend who has a Harley Ultra with the Instatrike kit. He really likes it but his MPG was cut by a 1/3 and it goes through the rear tire (the bike tire) about every 5K. I like the idea of the landing gear but don't know anyone who has ever used it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts