Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals need advice / opion on this wing asking price $5,000
20TH ANNIV. ASPENCADE,FULLY MAINTAINED WITH HITCH,NEW RUBBER, TIMING BELTS,CARBS DONE,COMMUNICATORS-REVERSE-SPEED CONTROL,ALL WORKING,WILL PASS MECHANICAL.SERIOUS ONLY.NO LEAKS 185,000km
Pics look good
my concern is the number of km's
Thanks for your time and expertise
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
That ruffly converts to 115,000 miles. I would not worry too much on milage as long as the wing was kept in good order. I have a 97 1500 with 198,000 miles on her and she is in good shape......well except for the rear hard brake line with a leak in it......got the new line just got to install it.

I would offer $4,000 and see if the seller would take it.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I just gave $6500 for a 95 1500 2 weeks ago. Mine had 81,000 miles on it. It was an SE. Sounds like a good deal to me. But then again, maybe I got hosed. ;-)

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your speedy reply I shall have a real good look at it for sure would there be any known issues with the 95 20th annivsary that is common with this model
Tim

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Price sounds about right. Is there anything it needs repairing/replacement such as torn seat, blems in windshield, stress cracks in trunk lid etc? Any of these items can give you some bargaining power to offer less than asking price.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
If it has a trunk rack, take a careful look around where it mount to the trunk lid, over loading can cause cracks. They can be fixed from the inside, but are a bargaining point.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
That's a good price for the bike where it is really. $6500 is max, $4000 is rough

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a few notes on this As I have been looking continually myself, I can chime but am no means an expert other than educating myself as I look...you did come to the right place to ask. But I noted you said KM instead of miles and your profile doesnt say where you are from. The reason I ask, supply and demand.

So for the SE and most of the US, the price vs the mileage is about right, just about on the high side. The issue I have learned of course is how well it has been taken care of, and the only real way to know is service records. for instance, have the belts been changed? if so when? is it the original alternator, doubt it, but how old. these two items if done in a shop could run you a to almost a 1000 pretty quick. the belts should be good for a solid 60k miles, give or take 20k after that how lucky do you feel. Alternator depends on the year, but if yours is original equipement, your on borrowed time. things like this can get expensive. and then all the other things mentioned are great points on buying power.

the other thing is, so if your not in the states, and there are not nearly as many to choose from, then the price may be more than reasonable IF it does have records and your sure.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts