Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am looking to buy my first Goldwing. I have never owned a bike before, and need some tips for what to look out for mechanically when buying a bike. I am looking at the late 80's models (something that isn't too expensive that if I lay it down, I'm not worried about a new scratch). I've already heard to watch out for the air suspension. Any other suggestions?????? Also, I am not very mechanically inclined, so dumb it down for me please.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... J.j. ... My Honest Opinion ... I Would Not Start Out On A Wing As A First Bike ... Maybe Something Lighter And Around The 500 -750 Size And 'not' A Sports Bike ... This Is All I Will Say And Leave Room For Others To Post ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you are considering joining the 2 wheel world. I would suggest first taking the motorcycle safty course if it is offered in your neck of the woods. I think this would give you a good handle on what is needed to properly ride and control a motorcycle. You train on smaller bikes, but the priniciles are the same for any bike. Once you successfully complete the training you will have 2 things. A valid m/c drivers license and a better understanding of what size bike you think you can handle.

Good luck and I hope someday, either sooner or later, you join the Wing family.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts