Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my recent marathon air filter replacement, I misplaced whatever it is that goes around the key switch that makes it weather proof. It is, without doubt, in my garage, but I am not exactly sure what it looks like, because my memory is toast. Could someone post a photo of their key switch? Mine is a 2005. Rode it about 140 miles today. What a cool bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea. I took the dashboard (?) off while changing the air filter and set it aside. On an semi-related note, the local Yamaha shop told me they would change my air filter for $80. Tempted to go that route next time.

·
Premium Member
23,701 Posts
Been awhile since I have had my dash off, but that sleeve didn't go with the dash. It stayed on the switch. Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
I doubt that a Yamaha dealer has the faintest idea what it takes to change a GL air filter. But if they'll stand behind $80 go for it!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
Maybe this will help...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Here is the part # if needed
30430-MCA-671

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I am on a short trip to Hot Springs. There is a dealer here. I will see if they have that part. Thanks. Also, dropped the Goldwing a little while ago. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. No damage except to my ego. Didn't seem to bother my wife at all. We were at a stop sign and the street slanted a bit. Although i have the strength of 10 men, i needed the strength of 11 to stop that drop!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Time for a IDMWT # for you. Quite a few of us have had it fall over. Just look in the lounge, it's a sticky thread, describe your drop, and request your number! I've got #93.
By the way, that piece is probably down inside your bike somewhere, bumped off moving things around.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I doubt that a Yamaha dealer has the faintest idea what it takes to change a GL air filter. But if they'll stand behind $80 go for it!!!
I agree. We all know how much time is involved. The Yamaha dealer is clueless.

Reactions: alwims

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
:ThumbsUp:

Reactions: Chopin
1 - 15 of 15 Posts