Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has probably been beaten to death...but here goes anyway! I have a 91 Wing that has a stock height shield with the vent. I like the vent alot. The size is perfect for me at 5'9". What do you all like and use? Price is a bit of a consideration, money for us is a little tight, so I need to buy the best I can afford.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Check out Wing Stuff and the F-4 windshield they come in different sizes and with or with out the vent, cheap no.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Also look at the Slipstreamer. The one on my 1500 is 3 yrs old & was very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ron, thanks, I looked at the F-4, very nice, but at this time it's out of my budget. Times are what they are. Fossil, I'll look into the Slipstreamer, thanks.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Get some polish and work that windshield over. You will be surprised how it turns out. It might delay the purchase a few years. The polish doesn't last very long, but hey....I am going on my second year keeping my old windshield polished up.

I highly recommend the GWRRA. (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fossil, yeah my shield is in pretty bad shape. Not only does it have some scratches on it that reduce my visablity, it has a crack next to the vent. Time for a new windshield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just put a tulsa tall windshield on my 1500 a couple of months ago. I bought one without the vent and use my baker deflectors to devert air when it is hot. The price was $160.00 plus 20.00 shipping. Alot of the Gwrra members in my chapter have them on their 1800. It looks great, taller than stock but I wanted it to block the wind on the passenger. I also bought the cover to protect it from doing damage to my dash. Company name is All American Products, Inc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the Tulsa on my 1500 & I liked it a lot. It comes with a cover that is like a t-shirt, but custom made for the windshield. I'm getting a F4+4 for my 1800, soon, mainly because it was highly recommended by GWRRA members & it can be cleaned with just about anything without scratching. It is quite expensive, though.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Great link to a great price. Thank you Bill. I ordered one today

Did you get the Sweptback style (ie Tulsa style)?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Now that you have a new shield try "plexus" to clean it and just about the whole bike the stuff works great. I picked up a few cans the is amazing for any type of plastic

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Tulsa style with vent.
I'm sure you will love it. 2 things come to mind. You may have to adjust some of your gadgets you have, they may hit it because it leans back quite a bit. The other thing is the Slipstreamer is Not constructed the same as the Tulsa so Don't follow the Tulsa cleaning instructions.

Now that you have a new shield try "plexus" to clean it and just about the whole bike the stuff works great. I picked up a few cans the is amazing for any type of plastic
Camer couldn't agree with you anymore. I love the stuff. Even tried the Pledge scene like lots of guys recommend & for my dollar they're full of it, Pledge doesn't work as well. Just one Ole Fossil's Opinion.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
+1 for plexus. Best stuff going to clean and polish the whole bike and shield....

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
The only thing I didn't put it on was the seat and grips. Not sure what it would do to the leather and I don't want slippery control surfaces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts