Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Do you need the 4 way flasher switch or the complete panel?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 way switch

just need the 4 way flasher switch mine is stuck in and i cant pop it out honda said you have to get the whole panel

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Have you tried to free your up? Push it in slowly and release it, spray it with contact cleaner or WD 40, or take the panel off and try cleaning it that way. Or you can
Go to Radio shack, they have a switch that will work, take your old switch with you so you cam make sure you get the right size to fit in the panel, several guy with bad switches have done this and it works fine here is a picture of the switch, some are lighted also
Your other potion is to look on e-bay, they pop up there from time to time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
switch

my switch can come out of panal will this one just plug in

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't know if this is the exact switch you need but take your old one with you and match it up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just cost me @267.00 to replace panel at dealer. Why, well cause thats the Honda way I guess.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Just cost me @267.00 to replace panel at dealer. Why, well cause thats the Honda way I guess.

I would say you got taken by your dealer, did you have them install it? The panel lost for $213.29 but can buy it HDL for $156.02
SW, HEIGHT CONTROL
35800-MCA-043 001 $213.29 $156.02

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
switch

last night took panel off and switch out took it apart cleaned it up now its not stuck on any more but it dose not lock to keep 4ways on at least i can ride now whats HDL and were can i find them

·
Registered
25 Posts
The dealer cleaned it twice under warrenty but would never replace it. This one is different this replacement from Honda has a protective cover over the back of the switches . Hope this means it will not get dirty and stick again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They cleaned it twice under warrrenty but would not replace it. This new panel has a cover over the back protecting the switches. Hope this means no more dirty switch sticking...............

·
Registered
4 Posts
last night took panel off and switch out took it apart cleaned it up now its not stuck on any more but it dose not lock to keep 4ways on at least i can ride now whats HDL and were can i find them
I too took my panel out last night. It was an easy job, I removed the glove box and the fairing trim piece. Then I removed the one screw holding the panel in and there are only 2 connectors that completly remove it from the bike. I then went to the kitchen table and carefully dismanteled each switch (Hazard and fogs). (Be very careful not to lose the spring when you pry the switch open) The hazards were sticking on and the fogs were sticking off. I cleaned each switch inside and out with contact cleaner and lubricated. On the fog switch I had a bit of a hard time figuring out what the problem was but eventually found that the copper connect that bridges the gap actually has a very smal spring under it and this was gunked up. Once I freed it up it was fine. Reinstalling the panel was also pretty easy to do and both switches tested fine.

I will say that they are plastic and probably will wear out at some point. I will then use the Radio Shack replacement switch method rather than spend the big bucks....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts