Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need footpegs brake and shifter, for my recently purchased 1997 GL1500A.
Anyone got these laying around taking up space, I'm ready to buy!
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello winga, welcome to GWOF. have you taken a look on ebay

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. William gave you a good suggestion. Good luck and ride safe...

·
Registered
89 Posts
You talking stock footpegs or hwy bar footpegs??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just wondering, wha was it about the floorboards that you didn't like?? Was thinking about putting some on my 98 Aspy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wondering, wha was it about the floorboards that you didn't like?? Was thinking about putting some on my 98 Aspy...
I have floorboards on my other cruiser and I absolutely love them, but the heel toe shift on this thing is only about 6 inches long (maybe it was meant to go on a peg instead?), was interfering with the bar that my highway pegs are attached to, and I was having difficulty finding the correct shift lever (heel or toe, they are so close together) and had to constantly look down to see where my feet were going... not good.
It is a Markland setup, but it just wasn't working for me at all.
The brake was set up separately from the floorboard with a heel peg to rest your heel on only when you are using the brake.
We're probably going to sell these, but not sure just yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well that doesnt sound like a lot of fun, maybe I'll just stick with the pegs. I also have always had floor boards on my wings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that doesnt sound like a lot of fun, maybe I'll just stick with the pegs. I also have always had floor boards on my wings.
Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen a heel toe shift that is this short, it's about 3/4 the length of my foot.
you might be fine with them if you don't have bars to hold highway pegs? I'm uploading a picture of my wing... one of my friends said "you need some color on that bike" pretty much saying it was stark white, and needed some decals of some sort :D
I've found a few, but I'm not into a lot of busy stuff on my paint either.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
I'm uploading a picture of my wing... one of my friends said "you need some color on that bike" pretty much saying it was stark white, and needed some decals of some sort :D
I've found a few, but I'm not into a lot of busy stuff on my paint either.

I have a white 1993SE with gaudy pin-striping all over it.:mad: I have been slowly sanding it off.
I like the plain white also! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts