Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I just bought a brand new 2019 DCT Tour, blue. I tried the manual and didn't like it. I have been riding since 2006, when I took the MSF course on a dare! Until then, I wanted to ride, but was "concerned" about riding. I have seen many injuries on bikes as I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon. I decided to give it a try and never looked back. I bought a new VTX 1300R with 2 miles on it, now there's over 65,000. I love it.I've been eyeing the Goldwings for years, but at 6'3, my knees would hit the fairing. The new wing is several inches forward in that area and I have plenty of room! I am slowly getting aftermarket parts for my new baby. I'm riding as much as I can to get used to it. The night I bought it, I rode 40 miles home in pouring rain. I put it in Rain mode and felt so stable, I couldn't believe it! I've been lurking for a while here and hope to contribute some. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
28,031 Posts
Welcome along to the GWOF from PA. The New Wings are amazing machines, enjoy the site and your new ride.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Congratulations on your new Wing. I think several of us taller folks will appreciate your comments on the comfort and handling of the latest generation Wing.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike. Post a pic or two when you can.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I've test ridden a couple of the new models and was surprised at how the DCT worked. I hope to test ride a manual shift model before jumping in that pool next year.

·
Super Moderator
9,581 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from your neighbor to the East. Congrats on your new Wing. Nothing like a new bike. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Nice folks on here with a lot of knowledge about Wings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the forum from southeast Pennsylvania.

I can tell you that the Wing is stable in the rain even before the 2018 modes were ever available. In 2005 I was attending Honda Hoot (I sure miss that event!) when I got caught in the rain (yep rode for almost a year before getting caught in the rain and not in my home area "EEK" LOL) on I-40! I had ridden a Kaw EL 250 in the rain and my Kaw Vulcan 750 in the rain and knew their "breaking" point - so I was riding very cautiously waiting for the Wing's breaking point. Well as I was not getting passed by other vehicles and in fact I was passing them. I looked down and found I was going 70+ mph and the wing was grabbing that road! I don't know what my 2004 Wing's breaking point is in the rain but I immediately knew it was beyond my comfort zone and GRADUALLY lowered my speed to MY comfort zone of 50 the rest of the way back to my hotel for a nice hot shower LOL.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Indiana and the Wing is awesome bike rain or shine! Enjoy your new wheels!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts