Honda Goldwing Forum banner

461 - 480 of 490 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I also made it home yesterday. The BRP from Banner Elk to Ashville was a nice and chilly ride. It got down to 59 degrees for a bit. Met up with a fire friend in Cherokee for a late breakfast and then to Chattanooga for a run on the go fast roads home. It was a sweaty ride across Alabama and 95 degrees, but it cooled off to 90 by the time I made it home.

An excellent weekend. Thanks to those who were able to make it, and we missed those who were there in spirit. I'll try to add some pictures tonight.

Mark and Steve may have cost me a big pile of money. I knew that I should not test ride the new model Wing before I was ready to purchase......
Just retire earlier, problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
Just retire earlier, problem solved.
It would bring up other problems. Solve one, create others.....but I do think more on it every day.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard:badmood:. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Got off I75 at Dayton, OH and my GPS could not find a way back on. We were right in the middle of the section wiped out by the tornado, so many closed roads due to down trees and power lines even the locals could not direct us back to E-way.
After finally finding a route back onto I75 decided to just ride all the way home because of forecast for more heavy weather today. Made for a longer day than planned but made it home safe.
Had a good week with rain to bookend it. Was very nice to meet and ride with all you folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
We rode the Dragon Monday and the did Cherohala skyway Tuesday. Both were fantastic! We both loved meeting everyone! Made some new friends too! Thanks to everyone for making it happen! Still making our way westward to Utah. Nashville was interesting. Got lost but finally found our way back to the hotel. In Missouri we're gonna see Ozarkland to get goodies for the kids and a quick look see at the Auto Museum and one more stop at Arrowhead stadium then on to Nebraska.

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
We rode the Dragon Monday and the did Cherohala skyway Tuesday. Both were fantastic! We both loved meeting everyone! Made some new friends too! Thanks to everyone for making it happen! Still making our way westward to Utah. Nashville was interesting. Got lost but finally found our way back to the hotel. In Missouri we're gonna see Ozarkland to get goodies for the kids and a quick look see at the Auto Museum and one more stop at Arrowhead stadium then on to Nebraska.

IDMWT# 98
I see popo made the ride, wish my beagle would ride, love her company almost as much as Laura's but don't tell her.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts

IDMWT# 98
Never saw Angie on her own saddle, but I've seen Popo on his leash.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard:badmood:. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Got off I75 at Dayton, OH and my GPS could not find a way back on. We were right in the middle of the section wiped out by the tornado, so many closed roads due to down trees and power lines even the locals could not direct us back to E-way.
After finally finding a route back onto I75 decided to just ride all the way home because of forecast for more heavy weather today. Made for a longer day than planned but made it home safe.
Had a good week with rain to bookend it. Was very nice to meet and ride with all you folks.
Glad you made it home safely, Jim & Dave, and enjoyed meeting you two. Great riding together and hanging out. Your ride home sounds dismal but thanks for making the trip.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard
. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Glad ya'll made it home safe Jim. It was a pleasure meeting you and Dave, hopefully we will meet again. Till then you 2 be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
We are home safe n sound! Much better weather coming home!
Glad to hear you made the journey safely. Good to get the chance to meet you two.:webers:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Never saw Angie on her own saddle, but I've seen Popo on his leash.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk
Wish she would have felt up to riding her Bike. She was really bummed. It was really nice getting to know you this week! I'm sure we will ride together again!

IDMWT# 98

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Sorry for the late response:

Made it home ok on Saturday. Total trip: 3,240 miles.

Thursday, instead of the Moonshiner 28, we took it easy and went back to Chimney Park - AWESOME!!!!! :smile2:
Friday (500 miles), Saturday (553 miles) back home.

Once at home, while putting everything back in the garage, it started to sprinkle - 10 minutes later the flood gates opened. How's that for timing? :happay:

More later.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Between work and attempting to finish the Trip Report...

Attachments

461 - 480 of 490 Posts