Honda Goldwing Forum banner

441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Arrived today in Asheville after a SUPER weekend in Banner Elk. Thank you @Henderson's and @crownfire for getting this organized. @Madrussian - get well soon.

Mountain Murder Run - done.
The Snake (enhanced - turned out to be a Tri-State run) - done
Diamondback B (226) and A (226A) (insiders know) - done
Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway (Banner Elk to Asheville) - done

To do:
Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, The Rattler.

·
Super Moderator
9,577 Posts
Home safe around 7:15pm. Sat in stopped traffic in VA for about 1 hour but other than that it was an uneventful ride home.

What a great weekend with friends. Thank you George and Norma for hosting and arranging the M&G. Thanks also to Mark (crownfire) for the great rides. So good to meet back up with folks I've not seen for a while.

I wonder where the next one will be??

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
I also made it home yesterday. The BRP from Banner Elk to Ashville was a nice and chilly ride. It got down to 59 degrees for a bit. Met up with a fire friend in Cherokee for a late breakfast and then to Chattanooga for a run on the go fast roads home. It was a sweaty ride across Alabama and 95 degrees, but it cooled off to 90 by the time I made it home.

An excellent weekend. Thanks to those who were able to make it, and we missed those who were there in spirit. I'll try to add some pictures tonight.

Mark and Steve may have cost me a big pile of money. I knew that I should not test ride the new model Wing before I was ready to purchase......

·
Registered
98 Posts
I also made it home yesterday. The BRP from Banner Elk to Ashville was a nice and chilly ride. It got down to 59 degrees for a bit. Met up with a fire friend in Cherokee for a late breakfast and then to Chattanooga for a run on the go fast roads home. It was a sweaty ride across Alabama and 95 degrees, but it cooled off to 90 by the time I made it home.

An excellent weekend. Thanks to those who were able to make it, and we missed those who were there in spirit. I'll try to add some pictures tonight.

Mark and Steve may have cost me a big pile of money. I knew that I should not test ride the new model Wing before I was ready to purchase......
I warned you,,,?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

Just make sure you get red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
We took very few photos. I did get some on our Saturday ride. I tried to get a good shot of the puppy, but he turned his head each time I hit the button. I really don't know what Lee was doing in the first photo and I think I don't want to know. :surprise:
It turns out that on our way home on Monday we rode right past Dyer, IN on RT 41. It was hit by a tornado a little later. :peepwall:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,674 Posts
Lucky you ! Mark cost me a hangover. I substituted his Bourbon after Phil ran out.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23,674 Posts
I really don't know what Lee was doing in the first photo and I think I don't want to know. :surprise:

:
Repositioning the boys for the next leg of the trip. And now you know the rest of the story.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Zach and I made it home at 3:30 this afternoon after an overnight in Staunton, VA. Put the rain gear on in New Market, VA and never needed it. We were behind the rain all the way home. It is raining now at the house. We really enjoyed the weekend. Thanks George and Norma for putting it together. Mark for the ride. PeterPaul for the Blue Moon. Ralph heal quickly and completely. See you all at the next one.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Confession: Put the bike down on the right hand side while attempting to park uphill in Little Switzerland - no real damage to the bike, big hit on my EGO, though.
No pics, but lots of people around.
Hey Tom, don't feel too bad. I'm here at Ironhorse campgrounds, went to explore what was at the top of the hill in the back of the campgrounds and tipped it over twice in ten minutes. Once on each side, the second one me and the bike slid about 15 feet down a concrete incline. Needed help getting it up both times. Banged right elbow and hip on second one as well, but the biggest injury was to my pride.
But now I know what's at the top of that hill NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.:faceplant::faceplant:

Rode the Dragon today with no problems, fall down at campgrounds:wacko::badmood:

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
A few of my pictures;
1. Iron Butt Members present; Bill, Laura, Steve, Phil, Mark
2. Trouble lining up; Lee and Big Ken
3 & 4. The view in my mirrors on the Murder Mountain Run

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
Sunday;
1. Those who made the whole hike to see Linville Falls
2. Linville Falls
3 to 5. Antique cars along the road

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Exactly the reason I didn't do that. Don't succumb to peer pressure!!

Lucky you ! Mark cost me a hangover. I substituted his Bourbon after Phil ran out.
That was a Bulleit to the Head!!!

A few of my pictures;
1. Iron Butt Members present; Bill, Laura, Steve, Phil, Mark
Nice!!!...Very nice!! Dustin is turning over.....well somewhere:dancing troll:

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Sunday;
1. Those who made the whole hike to see Linville Falls
2. Linville Falls
3 to 5. Antique cars along the road
Left out again. I also made the whole hike. O well.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Arrived today in Asheville after a SUPER weekend in Banner Elk. Thank you @Henderson's and @crownfire for getting this organized. @Madrussian - get well soon.

Mountain Murder Run - done.
The Snake (enhanced - turned out to be a Tri-State run) - done
Diamondback B (226) and A (226A) (insiders know) - done
Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway (Banner Elk to Asheville) - done

To do:
Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, The Rattler.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Today:
The Rattler - done
Craggy Gardens Visitor Center (couldn't stop on Monday as parking lot was full) - done
Chimney Rock - went to the little town as park was already closed. Will try again later.

Tomorrow:
Tail of the Dragon and then some.

·
Super Moderator
14,108 Posts
Left out again. I also made the whole hike. O well.
Yeah, you did. He who takes the picture never gets credit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,674 Posts
Yeah, you did. He who takes the picture never gets credit. Thanks.
I offered to take Ed's camera and snap a second photo with him in this group photo. Well............ Jinx seems to be conspicuously left out of a photo op. An accident or a calculated coincidence ? Hmmmmmmm....................

Attachments

441 - 460 of 490 Posts