Honda Goldwing Forum banner

401 - 420 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
We made it to Corbin, KY. It was an adventurous trip even though much of it was interstate. We were on the road for 10 hours. We got a few light showers but missed the heavy stuff. I do wish we had missed the stop-and-go traffic on rain slickened interstates. Before we got to the interstate in Indiana we did see a stretch of about 12 wooden transmission poles that had been busted and blown down, probably last night. Lots of tree damage too.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Good morning from Elk Park. Was over to the Best Western around 7:30 last night seen no evidence of any one there yet. Will be going for breakfast soon May get by there again this morning. See you all later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Jim, we were at the Mexican restaurant at 7:30 last night( sorry we missed you. We’re in the back parking lot of motel, going in a few minutes for breakfast here and then planning a ride. We’re in room 141 or the breakfast area. Come on by.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Hey George what time do things get started tomorrow? Did crownfire get there? And what is the word on Ralph? I know all questions and no answers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey George what time do things get started tomorrow? Did crownfire get there? And what is the word on Ralph? I know all questions and no answers.
I am new guy here at the M&G but the ride starts about 9.

I don’t know crownfire

Ralph has 2 broken ribs. He has someone coming with a trailer to tow the bike back tomorrow.

Hope that helps

·
Super Moderator
28,036 Posts
So what the heck is going on down there????

Did the madrussian have an accident???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
This is my first M&G, first time meeting the gang in person(except crownfire) what a great bunch of people. Had a wonderful time meeting and riding with all of them. Ralph had an a get off on the BRP,I was not there, but talked with him this morning. Couple broke ribs and some road rash, sore but doing okay.I'm sure he will fill in the details at some point

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I’ll be fine. Time will cure everything. But a big- ginormous thanks from the bottom of my heart goes to all of the people who helped me in time of need. I’m considering selling my bike and taking a long hard look at my life.
Not sure if I’m a good enough rider to continue with this sport. Also I have no idea how much can I sell this bike for, after all it has 98,000 miles and tons of extras.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
I’ll be fine. Time will cure everything. But a big- ginormous thanks from the bottom of my heart goes to all of the people who helped me in time of need. I’m considering selling my bike and taking a long hard look at my life.
Not sure if I’m a good enough rider to continue with this sport. Also I have no idea how much can I sell this bike for, after all it has 98,000 miles and tons of extras.
sorry to hear about your accident, heal fast and heal well. always ride at the level you feel like riding at. back when I was down there with cousinjeff and the rest of the crew most of the day I just wasn't into riding so I was real careful but as the day turned to evening the crew seemed to be slowing down and I know I was picking up the pace. I actually had more fun riding in the dark

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
You folks enjoy and sure am sadly missing this.
I feel the same but my neck wouldn't have taken 10+ hours, had a hard time knocking down 325 miles with the club today

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Sorry to hear about ralph, hope u heal up well man.
We got hammered again tonight with 2 tornados just souh of me h8t a hotel and there were deaths, not sure how many, and anotherstorm behind this last one. Gonna be a long night.

Ps last year Oklahoma had 50 tornados in 2019

The month of may this year we have had close to 70 tornados this month alone.

safe riding to all my friends, keep it on the rubber, and yes i have a storm shelter in my garage floor.

massive flooding like i have never seen in Oklahoma.

401 - 420 of 490 Posts