Honda Goldwing Forum banner

381 - 400 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
We are:nerd: KU at 0545 Wednesday, overnight in Attalla Al. Then on in to Banner Elk on Thursday. We will be all refreshed and ready to greet everyone as you arrive on Friday or Thursday what ever the case may be. Been looking forward to this for a while, our last m&g was Marietta OH.
We’re leaving Thursday morning also: only 285 miles, though!? Will see you two for dinner! Looking forward to it! Ride safe! George & Norma

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
All, its sad news for me, but i will not be able to make the meet and greet, Broke a tooth and need to get it fixed in a lot of pain. Plus still up at 1:00am watching the weather, had over 20 tornados in Oklahoma close to where i live, and there say a possible 8 inches of rain here in Edmond. I try to make the next one.
Have fun all.
Daggone Terry, we hope you feel better....and we’ll catch you on the next one!

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Steve,

We are coming, but I will not ride the Wing towing a trailer with Elaine at interstate speeds. So we will trailer the Wing to Banner Elk and ride with y’all on the back roads at a much slower speed. I have a new wheel coming and it won’t make it in time for the ride.
How did I miss this.....Bastards crashing into your bike!!!:Angry_98OLVV:
Glad y'all are gonna make it anyway.
It looks like I am only gonna be there for Friday and Saturday. Have to get back....have an important meeting on Sunday that can't wait. At least I will get my ride for one day. :motorbike:

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
@crownfire - Have you thought up a ride route while in Banner Elk?

My plans at this time are to meet you for lunch at Naked River Brewing in Chattanooga. Ride at least until lunch on Saturday and head back to Alabama after that. I have a meeting on Sunday that I can't miss.

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Got on road a little after 6am rode in rain till around noon, twice had to get off road and wait till it let up. We made it to Retro Valley, Kentucky(about 570miles) and are at KOA camping for the night. Thinking riding to Gatlinburg in morning then to camp near Banner Elk later in after noon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Had a great ride till we got 2 hrs from motel got stuck in a traffic jam from hell between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Big truck had turned over and burned took over 2 hrs to go 7 miles, was listening to the CB to see what was going on. Not sure if the driver made it or not, it was a real mess.
Dinner sounds good George, hope to get into Banner elk around 4ish.

·
Super Moderator
9,580 Posts
Safe travels to everyone traveling to the NC M&G. See you Friday.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Got on road a little after 6am rode in rain till around noon, twice had to get off road and wait till it let up. We made it to Retro Valley, Kentucky(about 570miles) and are at KOA camping for the night. Thinking riding to Gatlinburg in morning then to camp near Banner Elk later in after noon.
Look forward to seeing you then, ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,580 Posts
Cindy is on her way home. Corvette is just about packed so we should be on the road by 1:00. Looks like we will hit some weather on the way down. Safe travels to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
28,029 Posts
Cindy is on her way home. Corvette is just about packed so we should be on the road by 1:00. Looks like we will hit some weather on the way down. Safe travels to everyone.
Be careful of the hail warnings.

Try to get a handle on that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
We finally are in Nashville! Damn it's humid! The weather was kind to us today! Be Rollin into Banner Elk tomorrow!

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98
I do believe I mentioned the humidity. You won't get used to it, but it won't be as bad at altitude in Banner Elk.

I'm packed an ready to roll out early in the morning. Meeting Big Ken and Phil along the way. We'll most likely drag in about 6:00.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
Meeting Superdave and son, Zach, tomorrow around 9:00 in Staunton , Va. 250 miles later we will be there. Weather looks drop dead gorgeous .

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

381 - 400 of 490 Posts