Honda Goldwing Forum banner

321 - 340 of 490 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
@detdrbuzzard, please don't tell me that I will be the only STer there. You will be missed my friend. @crownfire.....I am still trying to understand our requirements for Friday. As soon as I know if we can slip out unnoticed, I will let you know. Planning on noon eastern.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was planning on ridding with Bill, Laura and Terry but an unexpected trip to Minnesota, 2 weeks ago to a funeral, and a Mission Trip to Ecuador starting May 30 has put me behind at work. It doesn't help that we had someone leave the company several months back and I am having to cover most of his accounts. I even got new shocks on my trailer getting ready for the trip. Hope everyone has a great time and hope to be on the next M & G.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Well, it's official, we're out. All reservations canceled. Went on a 600 mile round trip yesterday and was the most miserable ride to date. Just going to stick to 300-mile trips. We're going to miss you all. Mark, thanks in advance for hoisting an adult beverage in our honor.
Al, if I rode a 600 mile day, I wouldn’t be sore; I’d be cripple!:geezer:
We’ll miss you and Carol.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If anyone needs a room to share let me know. I have one available.

·
Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
@detdrbuzzard, please don't tell me that I will be the only STer there. You will be missed my friend. @crownfire.....I am still trying to understand our requirements for Friday. As soon as I know if we can slip out unnoticed, I will let you know. Planning on noon eastern.
I can be in Chattanooga by noon.

Sure sorry you won't be there Doc. Hopefully see you on the next one.

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
I can be in Chattanooga by noon.
Lets plan on noon...We can meet for lunch.
A few places to note....
Naked Brewing Company (BBQ & Ribs)
Terminal Brew House (Varied Menu)
Big River Grill (Varied Menu)
Clydes (Menu)
Ms. Bea's - Southern Cooking - No Beer.
Of course we can do fast food and hit the road.

·
Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
Lets plan on noon...We can meet for lunch.
A few places to note....
Naked Brewing Company (BBQ & Ribs)
Terminal Brew House (Varied Menu)
Big River Grill (Varied Menu)
Clydes (Menu)
Ms. Bea's - Southern Cooking - No Beer.
Of course we can do fast food and hit the road.
BBQ at Naked looks good. So does a pizza at Terminal. The beer good? I can fill a growler to go. Flip a coin.

We can figure out the way to Banner Elk from there. Up past Knoxville for faster travel, or head east on 74 past Ashville....

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
BBQ at Naked looks good. So does a pizza at Terminal. The beer good? I can fill a growler to go. Flip a coin.

We can figure out the way to Banner Elk from there. Up past Knoxville for faster travel, or head east on 74 past Ashville....
The beer at Naked is by far better than the others. Parking is a bit easier as well. Lets lock it in....Naked River at 12:00.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
So folks.....this happened at work the other day..Some one hit my wing while parked and ran off....Bike was parked in a spot where cameras didn't see it.
I was able to bang the wheel back and I have ordered a new front wheel. If it doesn't get here in time my only option is to (dare I say) is trailer the wing to Banner Elk and just ride locally.
I dont want to risk riding two up and pulling a trailer at highway speeds.

I have rode around town and have had no issues with vibration and the bead on the tire is sealed and not leaking.

So pissed right now....

Attachments

Reactions: Chopin

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
So folks.....this happened at work the other day..Some one hit my wing while parked and ran off....Bike was parked in a spot where cameras didn't see it.
I was able to bang the wheel back and I have ordered a new front wheel. If it doesn't get here in time my only option is to (dare I say) is trailer the wing to Banner Elk and just ride locally.
I dont want to risk riding two up and pulling a trailer at highway speeds.

I have rode around town and have had no issues with vibration and the bead on the tire is sealed and not leaking.

So pissed right now....
That Sucks!! If you get a new rim in time maybe you can bring it and some tools along and I can watch you and 6 other guys replace it. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
Mark,

I'm so sorry about your Wing. Some people don't have the courtesy to man up to what they have done. Probably someone without insurance. Hope the replacement rim comes in time. Looking forward to seeing you and Elaine.

Reactions: W1ngin1t

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I am sorry to say that I am out. My wing is a no start flashing a code 1 9. So I will be ordering a IPG and a gasket, oil and a filter. I am asking if anyone can put up Lee (I still think he is house broken)

·
Premium Member
23,733 Posts
i am sorry to say that i am out. My wing is a no start flashing a code 1 9. So i will be ordering a ipg and a gasket, oil and a filter. I am asking if anyone can put up lee (i still think he is house broken)
Say what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
I am sorry to say that I am out. My wing is a no start flashing a code 1 9. So I will be ordering a IPG and a gasket, oil and a filter. I am asking if anyone can put up Lee (I still think he is house broken)
jcsouder5464

I may have everything you need . I have a ipg and the gasket for an 06 . I need to check in the morning but if I do I will be happy to deliver it to you tomorrow and help with the install if that will help get you to the M&G.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Here are the part # of what I have
35759-MCA-003
11524-MCA-000

are these the right parts ?

Also have a spare filter .

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Sorry I don't have the ipg.

·
Super Moderator
14,326 Posts
The beer at Naked is by far better than the others. Parking is a bit easier as well. Lets lock it in....Naked River at 12:00.
I have it down in sharpie. Six hours, 385 miles.

That Sucks!! If you get a new rim in time maybe you can bring it and some tools along and I can watch you and 6 other guys replace it. :smile2:
We have experience with that, I'll help watch too! Sucks about the bike Mark. Hope you get the new wheel beforehand.

JC, hope you can get it going and not miss the Meet-n-Greet.

Reactions: W1ngin1t

·
Premium Member
23,733 Posts
Today we load up the bikes on the trailer and pack. Tomorrow morning we start our way east to Banner Elk to meet all of you!!!!!

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98
Nice. Myself and Superdave will be there before 5:00. We'll have a Car Tire only parking section staked out. Look for the sign.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Nice. Myself and Superdave will be there before 5:00. We'll have a Car Tire only parking section staked out. Look for the sign.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk
You're such a tire nerd

:biglaugh:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: detdrbuzzard
321 - 340 of 490 Posts