Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been riding a custom Yamaha stratoliner since they came out. Switched to a 2002 Yellow wing with 17k miles on her. Came with a uni go trailer also. Just in the process of fitting the wing. They are not really made for people with long inseams. A work in process

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new (2U) Wing. Lots of options out there for taller riders. Some change seats, some use adjustable highway pegs or a combination of both. I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam, so my biggest problem is getting my feet firmly planted on the ground. Your "work in process" will continue until you are ready to get another Wing. Trust me, you are never done "farkling" a Wing. Ride, and stop, safe and enjoy the site..l

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from your Indiana neighbors.
Where are you in Michigan?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new (2U) Wing. Lots of options out there for taller riders. Some change seats, some use adjustable highway pegs or a combination of both. I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam, so my biggest problem is getting my feet firmly planted on the ground. Your "work in process" will continue until you are ready to get another Wing. Trust me, you are never done "farkling" a Wing. Ride, and stop, safe and enjoy the site..l
So true I have way to much money tied up in the yamaha. Have it up for sale. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Alberta Canada funone46. It's true, there's always something waiting around the corner for farkles. I'm not that long in the inseam, and I had to do some 'stretch relief' to my '09. Not considering seat replacement at this time to get more room, but maybe once the stock seat starts to deteriorate I might. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from IL. and congrats on the yellow wing ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the Stratoliner forum was good and helpful. It looks like this forum will be the same.
Thanks
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts