Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GL1800A reverse Trike
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 gl1800 with the original Navigation SD Card.
Please advice on what and where to buy to upgrade to the latest version of software.
lou

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
You can go to the Garmin site and order it directly from them. Or search the Goldwing boards for how to do it yourself.

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Jai Franks

What year is your bike, and where are you located ? I may be able to help.

Reactions: Tyteflows

·
Registered
2012 GL1800A reverse Trike
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to farming and they referred me to abGoldWing team that updated me on the map update status. I have ordered a copy and should be here soon.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Did you find maps for Australia ? If I come up with the Australian maps, are you intersected ? I like a challenge .
Sorry for the repeat. I help a lot of goldwing owners with their gps.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800
10 Posts
I have a 2012 gl1800 with the original Navigation SD Card.
Please advice on what and where to buy to upgrade to the latest version of software.
lou
Garmin will not give you an upgrade, I tried last fall. There is a couple guys Inn this site who can get it for you, they upgraded mine to a 2023 on my 2006 GL1800, it work perfect.
Look for Jinx on this site and he can get you fixed up. He also is a great help and very nice fellow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I find the maps on Waze to be very current and free. I bought GPS navigation system for my car many years ago and vowed never to do it again due to the cost of updating maps which I think is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
And what does that have to do with people who would like to update the maps on their bikes ?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
So please post instructions on how to load the Waze maps into the Goldwings Nav system. I'm sure there are plenty of Wing owners, including me, that would be very grateful to you for those instructions. That is what this thread is about.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Your suggestion is not a solution to the POs question on updating the maps in his bike. If it is, please give us instructions on how to install the WAZE maps in the Goldwings nav. Please post the instructions.
He wants to know how to update the maps in his nav. And as I stated, I do to. That is what is being discusses in this thread. How to update the maps.
Now I'm done with this thread.
Anyone that needs help updating their Goldwing maps or FW please PM me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts