Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
you know my brand new 2008 is a Nav model and after dinging around with it for a while I have the perfect solution. I pair my phone to my headset, setup the route on my phone and listen to the lady tell me I am lost. Perfect
That may be a perfect solution for you and others. But there are some of us were it isn't.
First I don't have or want a smart phone. Sold a Iphone 10 that I didn't want.
Second the one on the wing is weatherproof.
Third it is hard to steal the one on the wing when you leave it behind.
Fourth the nav on the wing can still show me were I am and setup a route home even when I don't have cell service .

The one on the wing isn't perfect either but it has never failed to get me home.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Of course how many people leave there phones behind? I am not married to my phone but I keep it in my pocket pretty much all the time and most new phones are waterproof, never need map updates and the wing does not support BT so for me it is quite useless. I don't mind GPS came with the wing I just would never pay for it. I have the same setup on my Caddy and use my phone instead.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Of course how many people leave there phones behind? I am not married to my phone but I keep it in my pocket pretty much all the time and most new phones are waterproof, never need map updates and the wing does not support BT so for me it is quite useless. I don't mind GPS came with the wing I just would never pay for it. I have the same setup on my Caddy and use my phone instead.
Found two phones that people had left behind this summer alone.
So how do you look at the map on your phone while riding if it is in your pocket? And if you do look at it isn't that a pretty small mapto be looking at while ridding ? I don't know about you but I find it is sometime hard to navagate a route just by voice command .
My wing is setup with bluetooth that I did for uder $50.00 dollars. My wing does have the latest maps date 2021.30. Takes me about ten minutes put then in .
You are welcome to continue your argument againist the wings nav l but I'm done.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
No need to look at the phone in fact that is the best part. Instead the lady tells you where to go and you don't run into a water buffalo while staring at the GPS on the dash. It's a good way not to be killed. I wonder if this is why I see so many crashed wings on IAA?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts