Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Sunrise Honda Goldwing Appreciation day last weekend and meet the rep. for National Cycle Windscreens. It was steel wool proof like the F4, 6mm thick and still height ajustable, come with an improved vent, withstood a 12 gauge shotgun blast from point blank range without shattering. Well just read the advertisement...

The already popular VStream windscreen has been elevated to an even higher level! Introducing the new VStream Special Edition (above) for Gold Wing® riders!

For rock-solid stability at all speeds, we made the Special Edition from 6.0MM thick polycarbonate to reduce vibration and flex common with thinner windshields.

The VStream Special Edition is Quantum™ hardcoated for unbeatable scratch resistance, like our other Gold Wing windscreens. But the Special Edition also has our exclusive RainZip™ treatment! When riding in the rain, water will quickly bead up and simply blow away. RainZip makes rainy rides a lot sunnier!

The VStream Special Edition is the ULTIMATE WINDSCREEN for your GL1800, with strength, performance and comfort you'll need to experience to believe!

Well the better half co-rider just loves it. The air bubble has moved up and past her. Buffeting is gone for her. I've already been caught in the rain and it stays clear of water. This was a GREAT addition to the Wings comfort and protection. Money well spent for a change.

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
about how much did it cost

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wound up around $275 which is about $40 cheaper then the F4.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Out of curiousity marcsvette, where did you get the windshield? How difficult was the install?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are there any videos that show how t remove the windshield from a GL 1500 ? In the Clymer book it starts off by saying to remove the "spring clamp". I've looked in the OEM parts links and find no "spring clamp". The photo in the Clymer book leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure I can figure it out but the video here was superb so if there was something similar for the 1500 I'd love to see it.

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
LSC I can go on the dealer site and check the Honda manual for you if you like. Let me know (or if I have a slow morning at the office tomorrow I'll do it anyway and let you know what I find). We don't have a 1500 manual in the shop since we're a small town store; only 1500 in town is a gal's trike, and she's never brought it in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
budoka if you have the time that's fine but you don't have to do anything special. I'm sort of a tinker-er anyway. I'm retired and enjoy messing around. I guess I question why the mirrors even have to come off. In the video for the 1800 they don't need to be removed but in the Clymer manual it states they must be removed. Maybe once I get into it it'll make sense but right now it doesn't. Possibly they need to come off because of the windshield levers which I don't understand what they do. So many questions, so little time.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
Are there any videos that show how t remove the windshield from a GL 1500 ? In the Clymer book it starts off by saying to remove the "spring clamp". I've looked in the OEM parts links and find no "spring clamp". The photo in the Clymer book leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure I can figure it out but the video here was superb so if there was something similar for the 1500 I'd love to see it.

Thanks
Here is a pretty good "how to remove the windshield." On a 1500

1 - 11 of 11 Posts