Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be ridding the Natchez trail next week on my way from Jackson, Mo to Bridge City Texas. What are things to see and do while ridding on the Natchez?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honestly...there is not a lot to see or do along the Natchez other than riding a great road. It's mostly trees and fields along the way. It's 450+ miles of two lane blacktop. No commercial trucks are allowed and the speed limit is in the 35-45 MPH range. The last time we rode the Natchez, there were no stop signs or stop lights. At the north end there is a gas station and restaurant called Loveless Cafe. That is worth checking out. Make sure to fill your tank with gas as there are few gas stations along the way unless you get off the Natchez and look for gas. There are several little stops along the way that might have a historical marker or a view of a small waterfall etc. Near Tupelo there is a visitor center / museum that has the history of the Natchez. Also, if there is any construction along the way, they'll detour you off the Natchez to go around it. Here are a few links that are worth checking out. https://www.natcheztracetravel.com Natchez Trace Parkway (U.S. National Park Service) The Loveless Cafe, Real Southern Food in Nashville, TN

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
The north end of the Trace has the best section of road for riding. You will find it hard to keep to the 45 mph speed limit. Until last year I lived just a few miles off the Trace in central Mississippi. You can get away with 50 mph, but after that you better be watching out for the while Park Service LEO vehicles. There aren't a lot of them, but they show no mercy for speeding. But even travelling at 50, a lot of people will pass you. Traffic along the Trace will be heavy with local traffic at Tupelo and Jackson. Other than that, it will be open sailing. You will have to get off the Trace for fuel and food. I recommend Tupelo, Ridgeland, and Natchez. Natchez is a historic town, and if you are stopping there be sure to go Under the Hill, which is along the River and has a couple places to eat.

There are many historic sites along the Natchez Trace Parkway. The one I like to stop at is the Meriwether Lewis Death and Burial Site, milepost 385.9.

Of course Tupelo has the home Elvis Presley was born in.

At milepost 15.5 is Mount Locust visitors center. Featured is a historic Stand, or early 1800's bed & breakfast.

Not far from Natchez and just a few minutes off the Trace is Emerald Mound. A native American site that is worth stopping. Emerald Mound · Emerald Mound Rd, Natchez, MS 39120

1 - 3 of 3 Posts