Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question for you all. On the left side fairing pocket area, our Goldenwing came with a cover over it. We opened it and inside is a silver know that turns but we cannot figure out what it goes to. Nothing mentioned in the owners manual. The silver knob is on the right and on the back of the compartment is this installed black thing like a adapter for a 12v plug, but it is too small for a 12v to fit in it. We can't figure out what this is for. Does anyone have these on their bikes? See photo attached.

Thanks,
Vicki

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
front to reae fader controle.....turn on the radio and give it a turn.....

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I had nothing like that on my 98 GL1500. Since the manual does not give any indication of what it is, it's got to be an after market add on. You are probably going to have to take the pocket off and see where the wire leads. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Knob

Hi Vick, I have the same knob located where yours is on my '94 and mine IS the fader control.

·
Registered
111 Posts
do you have rear speakers if so what controles them.....if not maby the bike did at one time and thay were removed....pull out the 4 screws and have a look.......:confused: beter yet take a pix ang give all of us a look......i still say it is afader controle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have front an back speakers but our owners manual says there is only a fader control knob on the SE only. The fader control knob is right abouve the talk lever for the CB. We do not have an SE model, but we do have a CB unit but I think it was an add on as there is no fader control knob above the talk lever on the CB unit. The hubby is going to take it apart and see where it goes to. I'll keep you posted as to the outcome....

·
Registered
690 Posts
... After Market ...

Another question for you all. On the left side fairing pocket area, our Goldenwing came with a cover over it. We opened it and inside is a silver know that turns but we cannot figure out what it goes to. Nothing mentioned in the owners manual. The silver knob is on the right and on the back of the compartment is this installed black thing like a adapter for a 12v plug, but it is too small for a 12v to fit in it. We can't figure out what this is for. Does anyone have these on their bikes? See photo attached.

Thanks,
Vicki
... HOWDY ... VICKILEA ... THAT IS A AFTER MARKET KNOB ... HONDA DOES NOT USE A 'KNURLED' FINISH LIKE THAT ... AND THE INSTALL IS HOME MADE ... I'M THINKING IT IS A FADER OR SOME OTHER STEREO CONTROL KNOB ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would say joe in calif Thats a good bingo...Now vickilea go out and turn on your radio and give the Knob a twist....LOL:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
earnies - check post #3 - we did try that. We turned the radio on and then turned the knob all the way to the left and then all the way to the right and nothing - just equal sound from front and back speakers........

·
Registered
111 Posts
earnies - check post #3 - we did try that. We turned the radio on and then turned the knob all the way to the left and then all the way to the right and nothing - just equal sound from front and back speakers........

Pull the pocket and follow the wires....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Those knobs have been known to fail, the previous owner could of by passed it after it went out and just ran a wire straight from the front speakers to the rear ones. If I remember right you have to remove the radio and side panel (where your knee lays) to unplug that knob. Probably to much trouble so he just let the knob in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts