Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the hubby took the cubby compartment out and he thinks it looks like it is original wiring. See attached photos and tell us what you think. We still can't seem to get this to work....

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Okay, the hubby took the cubby compartment out and he thinks it looks like it is original wiring. See attached photos and tell us what you think. We still can't seem to get this to work....
... HOWDY ... VICKI ... I HAVE NEVER SEEN HONDA USE THAT STYLE OF KNOB AND THAT STILL DOES NOT LOOK TO ME LIKE A FACTORY INSTALL ... BUT THAT WIRING DOES LOOK ORIGINAL ... SO I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ... MIGHT BE THE -FEED SPEED FOR THE ICE MAKER LOL ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Most of the after market stuff is plug and play, it look original, the previous owner probably ran the wires through the harness. It is NOT from Honda that way. follow the wires to where they attach and you will see they attach behind the left side panel about where the drivers knee is when riding. Check parts fisch and you will not see that knob, looks at after market speakers for the 1500 and you will see that exact knob, I installed a couple of them in different 1500 myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe - yes, the knob does look like the aftermarket speakers but these wires are what are throwing us as the wires in your photos for the aftermarket speakers aren't like that. I think we are just going to forget about it as we don't use the radio part anyhow. Hubby doesn't like to listed to the music while riding and I just use my ipod shuffle in my helmet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts