Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who invented the nail and why are they on the roads!?
Pulled into my destination in Springfield MO on Thursday morning, put the bike on the side stand and went to put the leathers in the right side saddlebag, CRAP! theres a nail sticking out of the back tire. To make matters worse, there are no Honda dealers in Springfield MO!! Got the tire plugged, after 230mi, got the bike home last night and to the dealer this morning. The wife warned me that we couldn't really afford a new wing...that's what happened the last time I picked up a nail, went from a 12 to a 1500! The dealer had tires in stock, got the bike on the rack and now I'm back on the road. Tires labor and tax $483 for the set of new Dunlop E3's, I was really hoping to get a few more thousand out of that set, but I guess 18000 ain't bad. Had to share. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow, if you only paid $483 for a set of E3s. My set from the dealer cost me over $700. I definetly will shop around net time.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
18,000 is good for your tires. probably close to being replaced anyway. That is a good price for tires, you can buy the tires on the internet for about $300.00 a set if you mount them your self but most places charge about $450.00 to $500.00 for a set if you ride the bike in and they do all the work. Usually an accessory shop is cheaper than the dealer, Do you have a mud flap on your front fender?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you overlook Gene's Gallery in Springfield, MO?

They have a great service department and sell Honda as well as other products.

Also, they are a big advertiser in Wing World.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, to answer some of your questions, yes 18,000 is good use, but they were in really good shape, I was hoping to get maybe another 10,000 out of them, they were in that good of shape. No, I don't have a mud flap, only the fender extender. I did check at Gene's, they quoted me $300 for the rear only, I've been in their shop several times, but in this case I thought it was circumstance price and felt I could do better. My dealer (Dells Honda, Blue Springs MO) gave me the same price on the tires as wingstuff.com. They finished up an 18 that was already on the rack and then set me up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts