Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend I put 900+ miles on my bike on a solo ride. I started out around 2:00 pm on Friday afternoon.

First stop was Diablo Lake on the way up to the North Cascades Pass on Highway 20.

My next stop was close to the top of the North Cascades Pass.

I traveled to Omak, WA to end the day. I used my GWRRA book and met a wonderful member who offered me the use of his cabin. Just a wonderful experience. I got up early Saturday morning and headed to the Grand Coolie Damn and had breakfast at Floes in Electric City.

Then just started riding down to Palouse Falls.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=532

It is gravel for 3 miles in and it was raining....so the road was a mess but I have always wanted to go there so I did anyway. The Wing did fine in gravel mud.

I then drove to Clarkston, WA. A great ride in the spring time... I wish I could post more pictures but this website only allows me to post 5.

I spent the night in Clarkston Wa at the Best Western. On Sunday, I rode 129 to Enterprise. This ride is on the top 10 motorcycle rides in America according to the AMA. I got dizzy from the number of switch backs.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=533

You can see some of the road over the top of my bike there....

I rode back to Clarkston and thought about going home. I could of stayed out for an extra day or two but I got homesick. So this is what people saw of me when I passed them.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=534

I rode back across Highway 2, over Stevens Pass through Leavenworth WA. I had a cup of coffee at Starbucks in Leavenworth to keep me going and got home around 7:30 on Sunday night.

I got 42 mpg and rode 900+ miles in three days. It was nice to keep my mind focused right were my hands were... on my handlebars. I had time to think about other things when I got off the bike.

Next up.... Crater Lake, Oregon. I might head that way this Friday.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Nice ride. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Great pics. Looks like a great ride. See there is still snow in the high country...

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Looks like you had a great ride. Isn't Palouse Falls fantastic? I hope to be able to ride 129 this summer.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you had a great ride. Isn't Palouse Falls fantastic? I hope to be able to ride 129 this summer.
I really enjoyed the falls. I had been there once before but a long time ago. I didn't remember it was a gravel road up to the park area.

Not many people have gone there compared to the other attractions in Washington State. I didn't get to spend much time there as I had to get to Clarkston and it was raining.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Man, that's beautiful country. What was the temperature going over the North Cascade Pass?

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Thankyou for sharing your ride and photos. The scenery was stunningly beautiful. Gee you guys do it hard in the states with all that loverly scenery Eric

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Did I mention on the forum that I have a car tire mounted on my bike?

I ran through Rattlesnake Pass and I did have to pass some motorcycles that were equipped with regular MC tires on their bike. They were scraping pegs, but my bike never did. I think it has to do with the superior traction and the stiffness of the sidewall along with the superior tactics of the operator.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the pics! That it the ride for us sometime later this year or next summer!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am originally from South Dakota and have rode the Black Hills quite a bit, but the north cascades pass is by far the most goose pimple producing scenery I have ever seen.

I really enjoyed Rattlesnake Pass going to Enterprise Oregon. That was 215 curves in 5 miles or something like that.

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Thanks for the fantastic pictures. It reafirms my desire to ride up to your area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts