Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was there this past weekend and rode my Wing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There was a bike/car show in Murrells Inlet on Saturday and I went to that for a couple of hours. There were lot's of V-Twin bikes there, but the only other Wing I saw was a trike parked in the parking lot.

We rode up town on Friday night went down the strip. There were young people everywhere on rented scooters and they were weaving in and out of traffic everywhere. Although I'm happy to see a new generation of riders coming along, a lot of those folks were out of control and dangerous. Someone is going to get hurt or killed if something isn't done.

Bike week 2017 is coming 5/12 and we plan to be there for that. With thousands of bikes there that week, maybe I can find a few Gold Wing folks to converse/hang out with.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
My brother, a friend and my wife and I will be there. Brothers bike is GW trike, I have a GW and my friend has HD Tri-Glide. We will be getting there on the 13th, have reservations at the KOA campgrounds.

With any luck will see you there and perhaps take a little ride.:icon_cool:

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
:happay:Times getting close, be heading toward Myrtle Beach Bike Week in just a few days now. Looking forward to trip, planning on doing Tail of the Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway while down that way. If any one else is going hope to see you there.:beerchug::chopper:

Reactions: fossil92

·
Registered
278 Posts
We rode up town on Friday night went down the strip. There were young people everywhere on rented scooters and they were weaving in and out of traffic everywhere. Although I'm happy to see a new generation of riders coming along, a lot of those folks were out of control and dangerous. Someone is going to get hurt or killed if something isn't done.

If you are courageous enough to experience cultural-shock, spend a day at your local high school as a visitor and you 'll get good look at that generation you are talking about.

And if they were riding scooter, those must have been the good kids. First of all, a scooter is not a motorcycle. And here is what that new 'generation of young riders' has to bring to the game nowadays:

BTW, there are a ton of vid like this on Utube

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Heading out this morning, not planning on pushing it to hard. Be in Myrtle Beach Saturday.:chopper:

Reactions: Chopin

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Back from MB Bike Week, was kind of disappointed it certainly is no Sturgis rally. We still did have a good time.

Really did enjoy the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway area. Stayed at Ironhorse Motorcycle Camp Grounds, really nice place with great amenities. It is right on Moonshine 28 run.

Moonshine 28

Riding the Dragon

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
One of these days I'll make it to Myrtle Beach. Probably not for bike week though. Sure glad to hear y'all enjoyed your trips. At least there are a couple pictures to prove it.

I like the Cherohala way better than the Dragon. But you need to ride that one at least once, preferably during the week. I've been on it four times. Love the Moonshiners 28 too. Went that way last fall for wildfires but they wouldn't let me take the bike.

Remember, it's harder to live vicariously only using our imaginations. Picture make the read better for us who need it dumbed down......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.