Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I opened the box and first thing I installed was the superbrace, Man what a difference that made on the steering.
next was the bellypan from Ad on, needs to be about 3/8 or 1/2 inch wider, just barley catches on the shield. Took the bike out for a test ride with the wife on back, and the steering was great. met a few trucks on the highway and the bellypan seemed to make a difference on the backwash. So far so good.

may go out now and install my wiring block and cleanup all the extra wiring I have done and make it all pretty,even though I have inline fuses on everything I have added.

tomorrow will replace the showchrome covers on the mirrors, I knew better that to use a power washer on those.

Anyone else think the bellypan for a 1500 is not wide enough?

My Nolan 104 arrived at Sierra electronics today to have the J£M elite series installed, Wife's New Nolan 104 arrived there and they called and said they have to reorder hers as it had a huge paint flaw in it, so wait for a while longer to get her a new helmet back and get her headset put in there as well. Hope I like the elite series as they are pricey.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Congrats, H. Glad to know this seems to have worked out so far. On the J&M cords....the upper cord that plugs into the helmet, you'll notice the cord comes out of that connector at an angle pointing down. That area seems the to be most common failure for J&M. As the helmet is repeatedly taken off and set down on a hard surface, those wires wear to the point of seperating or breaking within the insulation. Stretching the cord, such as reaching for the trunk while wearing the helmet, makes it worse.
You can't see the damage, but some day you're not gonna get anything thru the headset. If you try swapping cords with a functioning set, you'll pin the problem on that upper cord. It cannot be repaired. Just replaced. I have finally gotten into the habit of setting the helmet on its side or upside down. And unplugging from the lower cord if I need to go to the trunk.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
If I understand everything I've read about the Goldwing front suspension, it is still considered a fairly primitive system relative to the size and weight of the bike. Why Honda hasn't improved one of the most important parts of the Goldwing is beyond me. I've been told that if the front-end was built like it should be, a fork brace wouldn't be needed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If I understand everything I've read about the Goldwing front suspension, it is still considered a fairly primitive system relative to the size and weight of the bike. Why Honda hasn't improved one of most important parts of the Goldwing is beyond me. I've been told that if the front-end was built like it should be, a fork brace wouldn't be needed.
IMO, the OEM suspension, front and rear is fine! When I was 2 wheeled, I did put the rear preload on the max 25 and left it there.
Just replaced the fork springs w/new OEM's @ 32,000 miles, feels great. I also keep the ADV clean, so it functions properly.
Don't need a fork brace either!
Those that feel the need, OK. Just a waste of money for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.