Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Having returned from Iraq a week ago, I was able to pick up my new 2010 Metallic Red Goldwing yesterday!! :)

I hadn't rode a bike of any kind for almost 20 years. Stops were a little unsettling. I have to practice when to put my feet on the ground when stopping. I noticed that I was putting them down a bit early probably due to my fear of it falling over on me. :(

I was surprised how much I remembered about riding a motorcycle. I made it from Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, TN to my home in Knoxville, TN without any major problems. The ride was very smooth and made me glad that I decided to buy the wing.

The folks at Southern Powersports were awesome. I had worked out what I wanted over the phone a week ago. When I arrived they had my accessories installed and the paper work was just waiting for my signature. Everything was setup as I asked and the price was as discussed over the phone. I strongly recommend them if you are in the market for a new bike. I bought the ABS model for $22,199 which is $4,400 off MSRP.

The best part is the rest of this week the weather is supposed to be in the 70s and 80s and NO RAIN. WOOT!! :)

Hope to see you guys on the road! :D

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome home and welcome to the forum, congrats on your new wing, and thanks for your service. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome Home!! Wish you the very best of times with your new Goldwing.Thanks for the service for our country so we all have freedom.Be careful and use your eyes like a soldier.
Donald Lang

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Nothing like the smell of a new bike!!!! Lots of great places to ride in your neck of the woods. Enjoy the weather and ride safe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I can only imagine the feeling you got setting your feet on US soil again and riding your new Wing home.Yes, we appreciate your service here in Canada too, along with our Canadian troops in Afghanistan, our Countries are free because of our soldiers who are willing to pay the price of freedom. I'm a Vet myself. Enjoy your new ride on US and Canadian turf,we love our homeland,our men and women who serve, and our Freedom.

-Robert-

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Welcome Home and welcome to the site congrats on the wing Live to Ride Ride to live

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Hello all,

Having returned from Iraq a week ago, I was able to pick up my new 2010 Metallic Red Goldwing yesterday!! :)

I hadn't rode a bike of any kind for almost 20 years. Stops were a little unsettling. I have to practice when to put my feet on the ground when stopping. I noticed that I was putting them down a bit early probably due to my fear of it falling over on me. :(

I was surprised how much I remembered about riding a motorcycle. I made it from Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, TN to my home in Knoxville, TN without any major problems. The ride was very smooth and made me glad that I decided to buy the wing.

The folks at Southern Powersports were awesome. I had worked out what I wanted over the phone a week ago. When I arrived they had my accessories installed and the paper work was just waiting for my signature. Everything was setup as I asked and the price was as discussed over the phone. I strongly recommend them if you are in the market for a new bike. I bought the ABS model for $22,199 which is $4,400 off MSRP.

The best part is the rest of this week the weather is supposed to be in the 70s and 80s and NO RAIN. WOOT!! :)

Hope to see you guys on the road! :D
Welcome home! Now it's time to enjoy the pleasures that you defended. Your enthusiasm is contagous.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome back soldier to the WORLD. THANK YOU for your service to our country. As the father of a son that just returned home from that little AFGAN conflict we're involved in, I know there's others just as relieved see you home.
By the Way, CONGRATS on the METALLIC RED choice of color for your WING. Mine has the same FASTEST color.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!! It is good to be home! :)

I took the wing out today and I'm doing much better on my stops. I'm just gonna take it slow and easy. I have a class date for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginners course as a refresher. My insurance agent said it will help with the insurance fees.

Thank you all, again, for the warm welcome home. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts