Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 05 I converted my 1800 C to a interstate. I liked what I did but was never completely happy with the appearance. So I started to change things up some. Here are some photos of before, last build and build in progress.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys
Being a short guy I did not like the C model foot pegs so I made a adapter to add the retro floorboards. The beetle bag with trunk rack took a few to figure out. I do not like bags out too far and I wanted them as close to the fender as possible. I ended up with a 3/4 inch +- gap.
This time around I wanted to add a headlight extension so the VTX headlight could be seen more. Since I have the Hoppe fairing I had to make a extension that would drop the headlight to keep the same height so it would fit into the fairing. Finished it this morning. here it is in the rough

I will say it took a while to clean it up because of the sharp curves and a few mishaps with the grinder.

There will be 11 murals in 3D. Natural flames going to marble. A coat of sealer and clear between every coat. There are around 9 coats total to get the 3D effect.
Here is the tank. Photos do not do it justice.

I hope to be finished by the 20th of this month.
From the fuel tank forward is chrome as well as the rear final/wheels. As you can see the front fender is not chrome. All spacers/bolts/calipers/forks are. I polished the rotors, their stainless ya know.

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
WOW! It must be nice to be that patient!

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
As a former VTX C rider I can personally appreciate what you have done both in cosmetics and functionality to a VTX. You've made a tourer out of a cruiser. Kudos !!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,585 Posts
Great looking set of wheels. Love the gas tank. Good reminder...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I was 11/B; 11/DE in the Army.
Being recon it was necessary to be patient.
I ended getting blow up with some rockets, more than 1. Took years to recover. Being patient was necessary to survive.
I thank each of you for your comments.
I hope to be finished later this week to complete the reassembly.
I have done several IBA rides with this bike. With the 1300 final it is capable of cruising at 100 + with ease.
I landed a deal a few days ago and got a 2010 goldwing trike. I really needed to go to 3 wheels due to my disabilities. I am still able to ride on 2 wheels but sometimes it's a real challenge.

The purpose of this bike is still to be seen. I will post more photos as progress continues. It is not just a custom or good looking scoot it has a reason. It's not about me but something else. You will see and understand when the front and rear is completed. This is the real kicker, the reason and purpose of the bike.
dd

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is one awesome bike that you have created and your skills are as fantastic as the end product.

Thanks for your service to our country from a Combat Vietnam Vet as I was 11B also and served with 4th Division. I'm 67 and I own a 2003 VTX trike and a 1994 Goldwing Trike as I find them just easier to ride these days.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Wow!!! This is excellent...You did this in your shop or in Fyffe???? You deft have a gift Mr. Dobber sir.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
All the fabrication was done in my shop, paint is being done in Fyffe
Had a small set back but hope to have the rest of the tins finished by the end of the week.
I love doing metal work, it is so enjoying.
I have been fabricating for the Honda VTX line for about 5 years now. They have so many possibilities. I think I have every bolt/nut/screw/wire memorized.

here is my cousins VTX 1300 retro. I polished the wheels/forks

I polish a lot of forks/wheels. I made a jig to help with the wheels to cut back on time and work, works great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts