Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my new view from the saddle, thanks again efinref

·
Super Moderator
11,813 Posts
I think you need a few more gadgets on there!! :D

( I have one of those cup holders if you need one for the 1200. :) )

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
thats a nice looking cup holder

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I think you have officially run out of room... Looks good though...

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Welcome to the club. When my currant cup holder ( plastic ring ) finally peters out I'm going with that big boy also.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the club. When my currant cup holder ( plastic ring ) finally peters out I'm going with that big boy also.
i'm going to take the cup holder off this winter and see if my friend can make the indiviual parts in steel

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Here is an up grade tip for the cup and straw. Take the straw that came with the cup to your local hardware store and find some clear tubing that fits over the the straw tightly, get about 12 to 18 inches of it, leave it on the straw and the free end put over the vent tube on the lid. When you want a drink just get the end from the vent, when done raise the free end and the water /drink drains back into the cup or just blow a little back down the tube and put the free end back over the vent.
No need to be leaning over or taking the cup out of the holder while going down the road to get a drink. Been doing this for years. We replace ours extensions ever year and rinse them out every so often during the riding season.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Like this

Not to be an alarmist Joe, but your Flight Director is in the dark:eek: When the glass cockpit shuts down, it's about to become a very bad day:(

Dang Buzzard, where do you put the backup camera screen now?:p

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
forgot something snasa r280 mp3 player on the left pocket, magellin roadmate 2200t gps. the dlo trans dock is in the power outlet , alternator guage behind the power outlet, and cup holder with cup. now where do i put the radar dectector

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey Doc do I have to call NASA to get training on how and where to land a bike like that. haha Hal

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wing1 to Houston, Wing1 to Houston, come in Houston!

Looks great!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here is an up grade tip for the cup and straw. Take the straw that came with the cup to your local hardware store and find some clear tubing that fits over the the straw tightly, get about 12 to 18 inches of it, leave it on the straw and the free end put over the vent tube on the lid. When you want a drink just get the end from the vent, when done raise the free end and the water /drink drains back into the cup or just blow a little back down the tube and put the free end back over the vent.
No need to be leaning over or taking the cup out of the holder while going down the road to get a drink. Been doing this for years. We replace ours extensions ever year and rinse them out every so often during the riding season.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
Thanks for this tip. I have the same cup holder and am annoyed by the splatter of soda that comes out and goes everywhere with the stock straw.
Awesome idea!!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Doc do I have to call NASA to get training on how and where to land a bike like that. haha Hal
classes by appointment, monday through thursday 3pm until 7pm, friday, saturday, and sunday i'm going riding :D

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
here is my new view from the saddle, thanks again efinref
Hey!! You did a fine job on that Doc!!! Fits in there nicely....I hope you enjoy it:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have that same cup holder on my wing but i declined to use the cup and straw (owner 1 actual) had left it in the hack trunk...

ive still got the cup holder but going to dump it i think...

i want a nice gps unit but not sure which one, power source, etc. ive still got a lot of learning to do with all of the other switches and gear on the bike...

good looking set up there...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts