Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife thinks I'm obsessed with cleaning my Goldwing. She said I spend more time rubbing it than her. I can't really deny it. So anyway I was wondering what your cleanning regiments are and any tips you can provide. Here are mine.

Everyday before ride usualy wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth

Weekly I use Turtle Wax Ice just wipe it on and wait 5 Min. and wipe. IT leaves no white residue so you can use it all over.

When I really gety serious Mothers Chrome Polish and Mothers Cleaner Wax.

Wheels I just hose off brake dust. I been looking for a spray type cleaner that is safe fo bike tires.

On the road I've been using Bike Sprits Spray.It removes bugs on windshield and can be used allover bike.

So is this excessive or what:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
IMHO, you are not being excessive. I don't clean my Wing before each ride, but I do clean it up when I return home. I use Lucas Slick Mist. Spray it on, buff it off with a micro-fiber towel. No residue. The stuff is amazing. Can be used in direct sunlight too. Advance Auto carries it. For chrome parts I like Simichrome polish. Snag it off eBay for best prices. Does not scratch at all.
Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been using Lucas Slick Mist for a couple of yrs.. It's a spray mist that wipes on & wipes off with no residue. really brings out the candy color on my 05 black cherry. I use it on the wholr bike ( paint, chrome , windshield)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Small triangular California Duster, during gas stops after rides. About 2 or 3 min's.
Spray can of "Original" cleaner/polish(OK for everything including buggy windshield and wheels.) Serious chrome cleaning is done with Windex and micro cloth. Wrong wax can scratch chrome on plastic!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Lucas slick mist user here too, love the the stuff, looks like you just waxed your bike. Plexus and a micro fiber towel for the windsreen, that's my quick clean up regime.;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like slick mist is good stuf. Will give it a try. One more thing about my addiction I try about every new product I can find:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like I'm on the wrong forum. Total cleaning = a quick wipe down after a ride with Lemon Pledge and microfiber cloth. Windshield, paint, chrome and everything else except the seat. Actually had to use some water, once, when I got some mud on the front from front tire splash.

If actual cleaning is required, maybe I better go back to my Yamaha!

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Nothing wrong with a clean bike, I don't think the Mrs. would want to go for a ride on a dirty bike.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Total cleaning = a quick wipe down after a ride with Lemon Pledge and microfiber cloth. Windshield, paint, chrome and everything else except the seat. QUOTE]

That would make two of us. 90% of the time the lemon pledge and a terry cloth are the cleaning. I learned it from a guy at a boat show. They use lemon pledge on new and used to give them that wet look shine. Sure is quick and easy:D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I wash mine after every ride, I use a tooth brush to get into the slots on the rear rim and I use a spray bottle with liquid soap and water and a scrub brush to do under the bike, motor frame kick stand etc. I wax it about once a month and I use Mothes Mag polish on the rims, front & back, and on the passenger floor board trim. Use a Q-tip to get the hard to reach spots around the trunk hinges, Use Armor all on the dash, seat, and all rubber except tires. Got to keep them clean, they ride better.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
I wash mine after every ride, I use a tooth brush to get into the slots on the rear rim and I use a spray bottle with liquid soap and water and a scrub brush to do under the bike, motor frame kick stand etc. I wax it about once a month and I use Mothes Mag polish on the rims, front & back, and on the passenger floor board trim. Use a Q-tip to get the hard to reach spots around the trunk hinges, Use Armor all on the dash, seat, and all rubber except tires. Got to keep them clean, they ride better.

Doesn't the Armorall make the seat slick?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I clean mine for health reasons. I find it theraputic, just me,my dog Max and a can of Mr Sheen (similar to Pledge) with a polishing cloth and listning to the radio. It brings the dog and me closer together, when i need some steam he breaths on the spot i'm cleaning. :D

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Cleaning

I wash weekly and use occasional Honda pray shine stuff. I do the rijms about once in 6 months. Its clean but not show ready.

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Sounds like you have it down to a science. If it works for you that's all that matters. Ride safe..... and clean...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Like Joe I used a toothebrush (out of service t/b, not mine that I brush with:rolleyes:) on my 1200 when I was entering show & shines., lots of armorall, pledge, warm soapy water, wash mitt and air blower to dry and lots of elbow grease. Used to take me about two days to get ready for a show, but it must have paid off, 'cause there was a lot of trophies to dust too.

·
Registered
691 Posts
When you have as much time on your hands as I do, it is Gcguera clean and shine, Turtle wax chrome pollish and Mothers aluminum and mag polish. Armorall on all vynal and matt black plastic. When my foot heals it will be Macguires quick detailer and window cleaner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts