Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'78 that started out as a total basket case but it ran when I got it. The best $300 investment I have ever made and the cheapest build I ever did. The only thing that's different on the bike since I took the photos is that I have painted the front fender black.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Awesome Astor, nice vision.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I like it. That Mule has an attitude. The Goldwing Society commends you on this. I applaud your retoration and imagination.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all.

The only other thing that's bugging the hell out of me is the chrome mufflers. They are the right length that I was looking for but they could have been a littler fatter, just to fill up the space a bit. I have plenty of carbon fiber so I just might wrap them with it and see how it comes out.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sweeeeeet!

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Certainly looks like money well spent. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
455 Posts
'78 that started out as a total basket case but it ran when I got it. The best $300 investment I have ever made and the cheapest build I ever did. The only thing that's different on the bike since I took the photos is that I have painted the front fender black.
Wow, I'd like to take this baby for a spin!!! :eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all.

The only other thing that's bugging the hell out of me is the chrome mufflers. They are the right length that I was looking for but they could have been a littler fatter, just to fill up the space a bit. I have plenty of carbon fiber so I just might wrap them with it and see how it comes out.
Well, I decided not to waste the carbon fiber on those cause the fit was not right anyway. I ended up installing some upturn slash cut megaphones that fit perfect. They follow the angle of the bottom part of the frame so I had to get rid of the mounting bracket for the rear pegs and make my own mounts. Without the baffles it was way too loud and with the baffles it sounded like a Vespa so it was time to chop those baffles to a bare minimum.

I'm procrastinating on taking new pictures but I will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts