Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
Other than the mount issues and the idiots, it looked like a good ride.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My latest fail with video cameras and mounts has posted on YouTube.

Don't forget to Like and Subscribe for future fails. :rolleyes:

What camera are you using? I have a go pro 7 on a ram handle bar mount and the stabilizing is fantastic! I can see the camera bouncing like crazy but you couldn't tell by watching the video. Only noise I hear is my engine whine. I know gopro has a fisheye effect but in linear mode it's not real noticeable. I'm so jealous of the roads you guys out there have to ride on. Wish we had some like that out here in the West.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using an Apeman TRAWO, which has great EIS, but that thing was shaking like a dog's tail at a bacon party! The biggest fail of the camera is that it doesn't have a way to run it from USB while recording (basically, inside the waterproof case). I have four batteries, but I'm too busy having fun riding to get off and change the @#$! battery. If the world ever reopens and I get back to work, I'll put a nice camera on the bike.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice ride! And well narrated. I'd much rather listen to commentary than music.

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
I concur with Kerry, nicely done.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great to see the ride! Nice scenery for sure! Too bad the mount for your camera didn't work as well as you would have liked. I mounted my GoPro clone onto the top of my left hand mirror housing with the double sided sticky pad. The videos came out pretty clear and not shaky, as I thought they might since the camera is attached directly to the bike. But my disappointment was that my clone camera only takes 15 minute segments before it shuts itself off! I didn't know that and missed capturing some of the parts of the ride I wanted to capture!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comment - that's exactly what I've done. Yesterday I gritted my teeth and stuck the VHB pad to the top of the left-hand mirror.

Despite lining it up carefully for several minutes before peeling and sticking, it's oriented ever-so-slightly to the left, which will drive me insane.

I'm going to give it a try anyway and maybe it's not even noticeable, but a shorty ball adapter was only $9.99 on Amazon, so one of those is on the way as well, and that will allow for tilting and swiveling to any orientation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts