Honda Goldwing Forum banner

101 - 120 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
The pictures and the commentary are very interesting. Thanks for taking us along on your incredible journey.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Doug, if you're interested in architecture, the entire campus of Florida Southern College in Lakeland, near Tampa, was designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright, and is the largest collection of his work in the world. Took me about 2-3 hours to see it all.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Doug, if you're interested in architecture, the entire campus of Florida Southern College in Lakeland, near Tampa, was designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright, and is the largest collection of his work in the world. Took me about 2-3 hours to see it all.
If weather cooperates, I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts
Sweet ! I've been to Taliesin West in Phoenix Arizona.

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
My reverse gear broke. It grinds as though it's missing the cogs. Has anyone had a similar experience! I have to schedule maintenance either in Pensacola or Tampa.

Could just be a cable adjustment and you're good to go.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Could just be a cable adjustment and you're good to go.:smile2:
When it happened again I realized I was somehow putting her in neutral between 2nd and 3rd gear. Once I stopped being an idiot, the problem went away.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Congratulations! See you made it to Key West. Don't forget the picture at the 'Southern Most Point in the United States' marker. Be safe.
I posted the "End [Route] 1" sign on my blog. It's actually true. The Southern Most Point marker is wrong in several ways. But it is a cool marker.

It's way hotter here than I expected. But even so, I'll stay until Sunday. Give the bike a well earned rest. Sometime this week I'll map out a rough course to Alaska, though I'm still considering replacing the crisscross with a rectangle. In either case, I'll need some weeks of stalling before Canada warms up.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I'll need some weeks of stalling before Canada warms up.
You could come back to Texas and catch up on what you skipped. Come back via IH20 and catch up on some people you missed in GA, AL, and MS as well.

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
When it happened again I realized I was somehow putting her in neutral between 2nd and 3rd gear. Once I stopped being an idiot, the problem went away.

OK, then it wasn't a cable adjustment, it was OPERATOR ERROR!:grin2:

Can you please post the address where the photos are? It's a PITA to have to search for the address every time we look for an update. Thanks!:smile2:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Dlajourney.com. (I've put it in my signature block)

Key West has a huge number of picture worthy sights. Many are rated For Adults Only. I won't be posting those.

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
Dlajourney.com. (I've put it in my signature block)

Key West has a huge number of picture worthy sights. Many are rated For Adults Only. I won't be posting those.

Thanks! Having lived in Florida and having been all over the state, I recognize that bird in your recent photos, the Anhinga; it pierces fish with that pointed beak and then swallows them. I've seen them do it. Very efficient hunters.

As for the alligators, I see on Golddragon's/Pete's vacation photos that's he's hanging close to them too. There's a reason Floridians call northern visitors "GatorBait!" Dam things can run as fast as a horse on land for at least 100 yards!:surprise:

And a hundred yards is usually more than enough.....

·
Super Moderator
14,115 Posts
As for the alligators, I see on Golddragon's/Pete's vacation photos that's he's hanging close to them too. There's a reason Floridians call northern visitors "GatorBait!" Dam things can run as fast as a horse on land for at least 100 yards!:surprise:

And a hundred yards is usually more than enough.....
Just like bears, I don't have to outrun them, just the people I'm with.......>:)

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I'm going to spend a week in Key West, so no posts until Sunday. There is truly a lot to see and do here, but I don't want to overdo the reporting of it.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Hey, this is still your trip. You gotta enjoy the sights and walk the walk. Is spring break over yet? I've seen the Keys during that animal show...:surprise:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
It's not too crowded. Families, not students. I've found a good wine bar. Lots to see. Today I discovered that a boot had worn to the plastic. Key West doesn't wear boots; flip-flops mostly. So I went to Sears.

·
Super Moderator
28,031 Posts
Always wondered what does a Hemingweigh?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
FYI, I'm back to posting updates on my blog (see the address below). My week in Key West was fun and relaxing, though the humidity was more than this San Diegan was comfortable with. My itinerary this week is to dally in Florida until Friday, when Space X has a launch scheduled. I've never seen a rocket launch. While here I'll visit the Everglades, Blue Springs (manatees), St. Augustine, and some spots around Orlando.

101 - 120 of 207 Posts