Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I inherited this bike from my late grandfather, and it needs a little bit of work to be roadworthy again. Primary objective is rebuilding the carbs, along with fresh fluids and filters throughout. Next up is a thorough brake inspection, new battery, and tires. I'm not one to leave well enough alone, so I've already got a few modifications planned.

Seat: smooth recover, or a brat style, can't decide. Needs to be a 2-up though. Sissy bar is as good as gone.

Tires: whitewall maybe?

Lighting: ditching the turn signals, thinking lucas style w/ plate bracket on the fender

Paint/body: repaint white or black, ditching the fairing and trunk bag, silver wheels, GL1000 chrome fenders shortened up

Gauges: new bracket to mount the clocks lower, toss the warning light cluster in favor of something integrated into the false gas tank

Exhaust: repolish the pipes, can the cans, turndown tips

Suspension: shorter rear shocks, straighter bars (2" rise/2" pullback), fresh fork seals and drop them through the clamps an inch or two

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, it's now stripped down to the basic components, time to clean and paint. I'll post pictures of that, but the way it looks now it scares me and I want no record of just how much space a single GL can take up.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
what pic's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aight, too hot to work, so I'm posting pics.

Found rust, decided to strip it all.

Fresh paint.

While that was drying I stripped the rear end and wheels, and put it together.

Friend hooked me up on a CM400T cause I wanted the fenders and headlight bucket. Test fit the rear fender and seat.

Stopped there, too damn hot.

Total investment:
GL1100-$200
CM400-$100
Misc. paint/cleaner-$100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts