Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
There was a factory recall on some of the early 1800's, I would check with the dealer and see if all of the recalls had been done on that bike. If that is the problem a good dealer may repair, if you don't ask the answer is still NO.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Did you buy it that way? What happened?

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Yeah, big time What The ****?:huh1:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it that way. It is such a pretty bike. It had been laid down. The price was right. I called around today. there are actually frame shops that fix them with precision. I am fixin to take it to them to get bent. If the rear section gets back in line I can be riding it. Well, I can ride it right now, but with no saddlebags and no trunk. lol
If you look at the frame, it is pretty solid until you get to the seat. Then it becomes tube and is lighter and that is what bent. Not really concerned with it. I am a welder. I can either spend the money to get it straightened or I can splice in a new section. Either way, I keep my VIN.

Honda is actually one of the only companies that I know of that will let you order a new frame and they will stamp it with the same original serial number for you. That is friggin cool.

·
Super Moderator
12,298 Posts
Good to know it can be repaired. I like seeing things brought back to life. :HappyRoll:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH brother, let me tell you, this bike WILL come back out on the road. Look at my avatar. That bike is just so pretty. That is how I got it. There is a little bit of scratches on the front from the shrubs they guy laid into, but it is still rideable. I will get it on the road and replace plastics as I go. I am a utilitarian. I will ride that bike with 3 different color plastics if I have to.
I just want to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.