Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok .... I've already asked stupid questions on other GW forums ... I try to spread my self around ... :D

Can someone splain the intercom system? Do I just need to get head sets that plug in to the GW outlets or do I have to but an entire system like the cb radio?

This will NOT be my last stupid question ... prepare yourselves!:)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
You just need the plugs....The cb is optional.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Intercom

NeonLeon,
I've got a couple of headsets for sale if you're interested. I got a couple of extras when I bought my wing from an individual. PM me if you'd like more info. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The intercom system is on the bike, you need headsets to talk to each other and IF you have a CB the headset will allow you to talk on the CB. Read the owners book because those radio buttons do a lot more than just work the radio, push down on them and they will roll through a bunch of different settings.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
The intercom is voice activated and will automatically mute the stereo. The cb, you have to push to talk. You can buy helmets outfitted with the mic and speaker setup or you can put speakers in most modern helmets as they have pockets for them.... the HJC does anyway.

Nice color on that bike.

Keep fumbling around, but be sure to put some miles on it!

I highly recommend joining a chapter of the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) Very friendly people there and you would meet some people who would be able to show you all kinds of neat things on your bike.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys .... another stupid question ... where do they hide the owners manual??? I bought a service manual but I haven't found the owners book yet.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Like Joe says, read the good book the bike came with. There's too many functions kind of hidden in the controls to be 'learning' as you ride:eek: Once you get the jist of them, they're really very friendly. As to the headsets, there's oodles of choices, J&M is popular and there's more additional things you can do with the basic set-up...bluetooth (I ain't there yet:eek:) passenger optional controls, lots fo things:D

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
The owner's manual should be in the left saddlebag under an elastic strap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The owner's manual should be in the left saddlebag under an elastic strap.

The tool kit was there but not a manual .... guess I better go see the dealer.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
My son lost my manual , i went back to the dealer he gave me another

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
When bike arrive at dealerships, the manual(s) are in the lower trunk compartment where the CD changer would be installed if the customer wants one. It's part of the selling dealer's pre-delivery list to show and emphasize the manual both for location and useful information. I have no CD changer so that's where I keep mine all the time. Once it leaves there though, it's up to the owner to keep track of it:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts