Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Utopia back rest and was going to pay someone to install it but decided to give it a try myself. The instruction sheet was quite lacking but I was able to install it in about 45 minutes without any issues. I'm sure others could install it in far less time but I went slow in hopes of not making any mistakes and all turned out very well.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
I'm sure others could install it in far less time but I went slow in hopes of not making any mistakes and all turned out very well.
Measure twice, cut once. Good for you crisco. A backrest on a Wing is not only a thing of beauty but a necessity. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

Ride Safe & Enjoy the comfort.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Yahoo! I did mine after watching the " Steve Saunders " videos. Emboldened by my success I did my local riding bud's also. Great addy to the Wing. Can't imagine riding without it now.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I bought a Utopia back rest and was going to pay someone to install it but decided to give it a try myself. The instruction sheet was quite lacking but I was able to install it in about 45 minutes without any issues. I'm sure others could install it in far less time but I went slow in hopes of not making any mistakes and all turned out very well.
One thing they need to include in the tools required list is a Defibrillator unit. Thought my heart was going to stop when I cut into my seat, years ago.:rolleyes:
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
What's that song "The first cut is the deepest"... Don't know if I could do the initial plunge...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Congrats! Doesn't it feel good to be able to do these things yourself!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I put layers of soft foam around my knees, the noise of them knocking and the bruising was terrible:rolleyes: Same as you though crico2, I got through it, nobdy died (including my heater wiring harnesses) and the backrest looks like it came out of the factory that way. Whew!;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had mine installed by Wingworks before I brought her home. But since then I've installed several items including a rear spoiler where you drill three holes in the trunk lid. That's the same probably as cutting the seat. It worked out fine & I saved a bundle on labor for the various items I've installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts