Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to Sacremento California from mid Missouri the northern route to Calif. At first I was going to go in the last of this month; July, but being retired I thought that facing the heat thur the plains and westward was just plain stupid when I didn't have to go that time of the year. Any feedback as to a time of the year for this trip would be appreciated. I'm planning on camping at KOA sites. Right now I'm planning on the mid to last of September.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Whenever possible, I look to September, just for the fact that the summer tourist season is over and school is back in. We did the coast highway form Astoria to Redwood city in September '90 and it was awesome. Still busy (it always is) but the mainstream of tourist flow was over. Camped anywhere we wanted, ate anywhere we pleased and no lineups...sweet. Still had great weather even though it was breezy coming off the ocean a couple times.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Have a great trip whenever you decide to go. Ride safe and take lots of pics for us. We love pics...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
mid to last of September.
Thats when I would go, great weather than.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts