Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the great white frozen tundra otherwise known as North Dakota I just purchased a 1984 Goldwing 1200 interstate model if anyone has any suggestions or comments for me feel free to comment The goldwing is my second bike i bought a vento v thunder to learn on ( cheap rough riding chinese bike with a top speed of 60 MPH ) in case i dumped it and totaled it my dad has always had a goldwing or a windjammer for a long as i can remember he says he will never buy anything othr than a goldwing so i thought i would buy the 84 GW Cant wait for it to thaw out up here so i can get out and ride the bike keep telling mywife we need to move south so i can ride more lol no luck yet Wish me luck on my new bike i am sure am gonna love it once i get a chance to get it out of the garage

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Todd, Let me be the 1st to say welcome from NEPA. Good Luck with the "machine".

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Let me be the 2nd to say Welcome from Virginia. Todd, ever notice how some of the best riding states have the shortest riding season ?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
the 3thrd saying hello and welcome to GWOF todd. change the timing belts

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome Todd to the forum from Pa. Had a good friend who was Postmaster in Sioux Falls and had part of ND as his territory. Said the worst place to be in the Winter was Minot, ND. Can you confirm?? Ride safe when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey from GA. All I can say is, you are going to love that Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome

I rode the SW quadrant of your state a couple years ago but it was summertime. You will enjoy a Wing and 600 mile days are now possible. More on an 1800. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh so true chopin114
And yes the winter sucks up here right now i have 3 feet of snow on the ground still i live about 20 miles north of the south dakota border never been to minot and by the sounds of it i do not want to

·
Registered
29 Posts
Todd, where in North Dakota are you? I am in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Do you ever drive out to the Sturgis Rally or to the Black Hills? Hope things warm up soon for you--I am sure you are even colder than us down here!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Todd, firstly welcome, secondly I have own my 1200 for only 2 years and it's great, love it, thirdly theres snow on the ground here in the UK and likewise waiting to get out on it!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome

Howdy to all of you Dakota boys, those are probably two of my favorite states to ride in, hit both of them last summer, going to and from Montana (very nice too) gotta love all those big wheat fields. Anyway welcome to you all ,maybe I'll see you out on the road next summer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello from the great white frozen tundra otherwise known as North Dakota I just purchased a 1984 Goldwing 1200 interstate model if anyone has any suggestions or comments for me feel free to comment The goldwing is my second bike i bought a vento v thunder to learn on ( cheap rough riding chinese bike with a top speed of 60 MPH ) in case i dumped it and totaled it my dad has always had a goldwing or a windjammer for a long as i can remember he says he will never buy anything othr than a goldwing so i thought i would buy the 84 GW Cant wait for it to thaw out up here so i can get out and ride the bike keep telling mywife we need to move south so i can ride more lol no luck yet Wish me luck on my new bike i am sure am gonna love it once i get a chance to get it out of the garage
Let me say welcome from Southern California----if you want to ride come this way --as for the 1200 great machines--- if you need any parts just let me know, got two or three of them in storage and lots of parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SDWINGOWNER I live in Wahpeton ND so not too far from you i sure hope it warms up soon itching to get out and ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts