Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to figuring out the very basics of Movie Maker. So I took some GoPro HD video from a ride I took with my Uncle and a Friend on the Blue Ridge Parkway last summer (2011). I had my GoPro Hero HD camera mounted on the Clutch side of my bars. I threw in a few photos taken with my phone and added some cool music. Whala!! Keep in mind this was my first attempt at editing with Movie Maker.

Take a look and let me know what you think, good bad or other. I plan on trying different camera positions next ride.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/U6oi5evQDZs

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me like! Have thought about getting a GoPro HD. You may have just cost me more money... :mad::)
Sorry, LOL. Im considering getting the GoPro Hero2. Does more clearer video. I just have to figure out where to get the money. :( Thanks for watching.

Laryinseattle: Thanks man!:D

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Your first shot at a video was really good. Cant wait for your next production..Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Nice Fireman. Even a touch of rain to round it out. Good job.:D

·
Premium Member
23,752 Posts
Sweet video. The only problem I had was that I can't watch it in big screen as my ten year old +/- Dell computer and CRT monitor can't load that fast. But that's not your fault. I'm afraid if your camera gets any higher in resolution it will out run my computer and all I'll see is a momentary blue flash go by.

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
I thought it was great. Thanks for taking me along. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
That was great! Sure makes me want to blow off work today and go for a ride. Highway 221 in North Carolina just got added to my list. I've been on a part of the Blue Ridge and hope to do it end to end one day.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Sweet Vid Kid!!! I can't wait to get on the BRP. Thats next up on the GBL (Goldwing Bucket List)...Thanks for getting my blood pumping:cool:

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Thanks for that, very nice job (I shudder to think what my first will look like!).

·
Super Moderator
9,880 Posts
Great video. The BRPW has to be one of my most favorite roads. Have done the whole thing including the Skyline Drive. Never get tired of seeing again. Thanks for taking us along..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, Thanks for all the great comments. I hope I can make another video soon and make it Better, Stronger, Faster.... "Steve Austin" . Um Anyway I will try to make another soon with better camera angles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks man, that helped me through this day. It was -10 when I got up this morning, and the high today was only 0. I have a few more months of garage time to live with, so this helped me a lot!

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Very nice video. Looks to me like you did most of it in 4th gear. RPM's around 3k at 45 to 50 or so mph. Just a guess on my part but looks like you took it easy and gave US a good ride. Thanks...:D

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Man that is cool,I am going to try to ride it this year

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great job! I only see one thing missing - me riding along on my old Aspencade....
Well when it warms up a bit just let me know and we will go up there and ride! Or..... Florida is warm this time of year! LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice video. Looks to me like you did most of it in 4th gear. RPM's around 3k at 45 to 50 or so mph. Just a guess on my part but looks like you took it easy and gave US a good ride. Thanks...:D
Yea, I was on a nice easy ride! Mainly cause there was others in front of me. As I am sure you know, video doesnt show just how sharp some curves are. And they wont show how steep hills are so much of the time I did ride in 4th so I had good throttle response on the inclines and speed control on the declines without burning up my brakes. I thin I averaged around 40-43ish. The speed limit there is 45 MPH.:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts